+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General EduGeek News/Announcements Thread, How to Register for the EduGeek Chorley Conf 2010 in EduGeek Stuff; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 992 Posts
    Blog Entries

How to Register for the EduGeek Chorley Conf 2010

OK, Now I'm almost back up to speed after clearing a backlog of admin I have created an email address for you to register for the conf on.
    Please email me the following to conf.2010@edugeek.net:

Real name

EduGeek name

Address (we won't spam you or sell your details on)

Please note that if you work for a private company you must pay to attend. The cost is £35, and you must notify me up to 7 working days before if you wish to drop out, if not you will receive a bill. Sorry, but as we pay for all of the places we were left out of pocket by almost £500 a couple of years back by people who decided not to attend at the last minute, and this isn't fair on thoese who wanted to attend but had the spaces taken up.
    The conf is on the 2nd June 2010 and will start at 09:30 at the Woodlands Centre in Chorley:

Woodlands Conferencing

If you wish to stay on either the Tuesday or Wednesday night, we shall be there to entertain you both evenings, but the main social meal is on the Wednesday evening at Prego! (formerly Le Frog) where we ate last year (Prego). if you are overnighting on the Tuesday evening we shall be laying on a coach (as per usual) to take you from the hotel, to the conf, and back again afterwards.
    The hotel we recommend is the Ibis Preston North (Hotel PRESTON Ibis Preston North: hotel reservation in PRESTON), as it's cheap, accessable and has a pub next door
    I've now attached the (beta) flyer for the conf, for those of you who need something tangable to give your bosses to justify your attending.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Register for the EduGeek Chorley Conf 2010-conference-preview-flyer-mockup-2010.pdf  
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 5th May 2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: To attach conf flyer

2. 6 Thanks to Dos_Box:

ChrisH (26th April 2010), CPLTD (26th April 2010), Gatt (4th May 2010), krisd32 (27th April 2010), SimpleSi (26th April 2010), Soulfish (26th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We are almost 50% full now, so please email me on the address above, even if you have posted your interest on other threads if you wish to attend, this is so I don't lose peoples info and I have a definative list. Please ensure you title the email 'Conference registration' as well please.

Thank Post
    I still don't know what the timetable is, who is speaking or what the arrangements are despite saying this several times. Please, post it somewhere so I have a case to present to my boss?

Thank Post
    Did this this morning -

Thank Post
    Hi Dos Box

I registered a week or so ago, do we get e-mailed confirmation that we are on the list - as I never received anything if so. I think when you used the Event Elephant thing last year we got a reply.

Cheers

Andrew

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Don't panic, you're down. I'll post a list up tomorrow of those already registered to ease minds.

8. 2 Thanks to Dos_Box:

Gatt (4th May 2010), Sylv3r (4th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Don't panic, you're down. I'll post a list up tomorrow of those already registered to ease minds.
    Cheers

Thank Post
    Dos_box... Hows about doing something easy and grand and answering peoples questions, I know its hard with your commitments and all, but seriously. I've seen sparkeh, powdarmonkey, azrael all ask for an agenda, who's going to be there, what times everything is happening and the likes and no response yet?

How do you expect people to register and take time out of their life's to attend a conference where all they know is; there will be more geeks there, and that's all we're telling you. Some people actually need to justify time-off to their bosses

11. Thanks to ahuxham from:

sparkeh (6th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuxham View Post
    Dos_box... Hows about doing something easy and grand and answering peoples questions
    You know, I wouldn't mind even just "It's still being finalised but could be $speakers, I will confirm it in $days", but Dos_Box, you've persistently ignored such requests lately and it's hacking me off. Mind you, a month-old unrelated thread in 'Message the Admins' hasn't yet the courtesy of a response either, so maybe it's really me that's being ignored?

Anyway, it does not make me a) impressed b) happy c) want to come to the conference (and I would like to really, but I can't justify a working day being spent on a jolly to something that might be pointless).

Ok, my grumble is over

13. Thanks to powdarrmonkey from:

sparkeh (6th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    Mind you, a month-old unrelated thread in 'Message the Admins' hasn't yet the courtesy of a response either, so maybe it's really me that's being ignored?
    I have a 6 month old one.... its a conspiracy ...arggghhhh!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    I have a 6 month old one.... its a conspiracy ...arggghhhh!!
    On that note we recently made some changes in attempt to try and make sure we do not miss posts in the future like we have in the past.

Russ

16. 2 Thanks to russdev:

CHR1S (5th May 2010), powdarrmonkey (5th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    On that note we recently made some changes in attempt to try and make sure we do not miss posts in the future like we have in the past.

Russ
    What about making some changes in mindset and actually replying to users forum posts when they're directed at admins.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuxham View Post
    What about making some changes in mindset and actually replying to users forum posts when they're directed at admins.
    Sorry I should of said i do not have the details of agenda I will prompt Chris to post here.

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    A flyer is now attached to the conf registration article on the front page.

Thank Post
    Sorry I've not been around of late... we do get a lot of messages and unfortunately the systems fail and we have missed things... the new site launch didn't help. All we can do is apologise.

The general theme of the conference will be to inform you of upcoming matters that will effect UK education.

The flyer posted above shows some of the proposed speakers. I can also confirm that Capita will be speaking on the future of your school MIS.

All presentations will be as agnostic as possible... this is a stipu;ation we make because we realise that you don't want to be preached to. obviously an element of 'we will be doing X' will sneak in but that's the price you pay for attending a 'free' conference.

As in the past, the best parts of the day will be meeting other members... I can't rate the evenings highly enough! Those that have attended previous conferences will testify to how useful the day can be.

We will also try to make the day available online too so that those that can't attend can join in.

Once again, sorry if we have ignored questions... sometimes we just don't know the answers and we should do better.

21. Thanks to Ric_ from:

Sylv3r (6th May 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast