+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General EduGeek News/Announcements Thread, Review: Cyber Clean... The high-tech cleaning compound in EduGeek Stuff; ...

Thank Post

Thumbs down Review: Cyber Clean... The high-tech cleaning compound

Whilst at BETT 2010, I had a chat with a guy about Cyber Clean. Basically, this anti-bacterial putty can be used for cleaning keboards, mice, kepads, etc... anything you touch with your fingers (except touch-screens).

After a chat about how it comes in various sizes of container at various prices and about the benefits of using it over regular cleaning materials (e.g. foam cleaner or cleaning wipes), the guy offered me a sachet worth approx. £6. This sachet is meant to be good for cleaning about 50 keyboards so my immediate thought was it wasn't cheap stuff!

Paul (my apprentice) and I have just evaluated the product and were quite disappointed! Although the putty-like substance does indeed work its way between keys and into crevices, it doesn't actually clean the surfaces! We even followed the two-stage instructions on the back of the packet... 'Just press & pull!"

Even trying to de-dust equipment resulted in disappointment - blowing over the surfaces removed more dust!!!

Next I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and clean the keyboard with AF Maxiclene first, using the Cyber Clean as an antibacterial cleaner afterwards. To be honest, I don't think it was worth the effort!

To sum up, the product seemed like a brilliant idea but its execution was poor. As a material for disinfecting keyboards after they have been cleaned, maybe it's OK but it's a lot of money for cleaning clean things!

2. 6 Thanks to Ric_:

AngryTechnician (20th January 2010), dhicks (20th January 2010), Dom_ (19th January 2010), ICTNUT (26th January 2010), LeMarchand (19th January 2010), PEO (19th January 2010)

Thank Post
    I love how the picture matches your review - being used to clean a clean keyboard

Thank Post
    you missed a big yellow bit on your keyboard... but thanks for the mini review though - saw the stand but didn't stop at it.

Thank Post
    I bought some of this from play.com a while ago - I have to agree in large quantities it would become expensive for very little benefit.

Thank Post
    Is this the stuff that Edutech had one day? The silly putty like cleaning substance? It certainly didn't like it was up to the job then!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    Is this the stuff that Edutech had one day? The silly putty like cleaning substance? It certainly didn't like it was up to the job then!
    yes it was, that weird stuff he kept pulling apart and was trying to clean me with for some reason and that someone suggested we should try cleaning his hair of hair gel with it hehe

Thank Post
    We have this.

For anyone interested, Betterware have it cheaper.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I just use this for cleaning my keyboard and a cotton wool stick thing

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    yes it was, that weird stuff he kept pulling apart and was trying to clean me with for some reason and that someone suggested we should try cleaning his hair of hair gel with it hehe
    Worked better on you then the keyboards

as for cleaning stuff, we just use multi purpose cleaner that our school cleaners use around school to clean the desk's etc

James.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Worked better on you then the keyboards

as for cleaning stuff, we just use multi purpose cleaner that our school cleaners use around school to clean the desk's etc

James.
    We were discussing this recently. Can't remember why we said we couldn't use this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    We were discussing this recently. Can't remember why we said we couldn't use this.
    Probably because it didn't work!

Seriously, both myself and Paul tried this and it sucked. Maxiclene wiped the dirt away with ease and Foamclene tends to be even better (if a little more expensive than Maxiclene)!

If the stuff had been more sticky it would have removed the dust and irt from between the keys. If there had been better cleaning agents it would have taken the dirt off the keys. It simply wasn't good enough!

Thank Post
    I agree Ric.. We sell this, and I have one that I was given to try and I was not that impressed!! We have a range called AzoMax that are really good..kills all germs and bacteria for 7 days!!

Infact Ric.. I will bob a sample over to you to try tomorrow!
    Last edited by Tcsltd; 20th January 2010 at 04:34 PM.

Thank Post
    How much is the AzoMax?

Thank Post
    £3.15 for a pack of 50 22x33mm wipes....I will start a new thread with some info on the range!

Thank Post
    I picked up a sachet of the stuff at BETT too...

First thoughts are - hmmm... thank goodness i didnt pay for it! It may disenfect the keyboard, but I have not the tools to back that claim up! and like the rest of you found it does work itsway between the keys, but then fails to collect enough crud and doesnt make the keys clean...

but I have found a use for it... it is just about sticky enough to clean the dust from the shoulders between screen and keyboard of my little Vaio UX1 - an area generally uncleanable! its also good for the dust that collects in the angles on the front of a PS3! you know, where the power and eject buttons are... traditional dust magnets!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast