+ Post New Thread
General EduGeek News/Announcements Thread, More affiliates added to the Outlet in EduGeek Stuff; We have just added a few more affiliates to our outlets list . As well as Amazon if you buy ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 803 Posts
    Blog Entries

More affiliates added to the Outlet

We have just added a few more affiliates to our outlets list.
    As well as Amazon if you buy from:
    • Play.com
    • iTunes
    • Dabs.com
    • Novatech
    • Misco
    • Apple Store
    • Microsoft Store

You can now support EduGeek while doing so by simply clicking through to their sites using our links.
    The rates vary but every little helps support the various things EduGeek does.
    Its like donating but without you paying the bill

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Blimey!

Store-Tastic!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    COOLIO
    I've been saying we should do some affiliate marketing for a while. Those pennies soon add up.

Thank Post
    Not 100% sure about how this works so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I use iTunes from a Mac almost every day to either buy or rent something. If I click on the iTunes link, which then opens up the iTunes store - do you get commission simply from this - even using a Mac? Don't know if the system uses tracking cookies or anything.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-UK View Post
    Not 100% sure about how this works so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I use iTunes from a Mac almost every day to either buy or rent something. If I click on the iTunes link, which then opens up the iTunes store - do you get commission simply from this - even using a Mac? Don't know if the system uses tracking cookies or anything.
    The way how they imply it works is when you click the link and itunes is launched it tags your itunes username with a marker that gives us a % for all sales for the next 24 hours from launching itunes. After 24 hours the tag is removed and all sales from then are no longer earning commission. I believe you can reclick the link though and the 24 hour period will reset if has expired. If you are still within that initial 24 hour period though it probably does not reset the count down until it expires.
    If you PM me when you do a order I will see if there is anyway to tell in the affiliate control panel.
    Hope that helps clarify a little.

Thank Post
    Thanks for he response - and yes it does make sense. I was just curious as iTunes is a separate application rather than just running a store within a browser. I did see the 24 hour notification when I clicked the link but blindly assumed you had only managed to make the deal with them for the next 24 hours! I will most likely be using it again tomorrow so will PM you with my iTunes user-name, what I bought and when etc if that is any help to you.

If it does work, I will make sure that I always go to the store via the affiliates link on here.

Tom

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Cheers for that. I dont need order details or username tbh as we can only see the % earned for each link. Once I know a order is through I will check and see if it changes from 0.

I will be updating the FAQ page tonight at some point so that should hopefully explain it all better.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    We have just added a few more affiliates to our outlets list.
    As well as Amazon if you buy from:
    • Play.com
    • iTunes
    • Dabs.com
    • Novatech
    • Misco
    • Apple Store
    • Microsoft Store

You can now support EduGeek while doing so by simply clicking through to their sites using our links.
    The rates vary but every little helps support the various things EduGeek does.
    Its like donating but without you paying the bill
    what about aria, ebuyer, compman or any other ones or you contemplating adding those ? Possibly c-p-ltd.com ( simons website amongst any other companies / people on here similiar to Simon who have there own websites etc ? )

Thank Post
    The Outlet link is still very Acer'ish. How about having it blend in with the rest of the links now?

*I've never liked the button*

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    what about aria, ebuyer, compman or any other ones or you contemplating adding those ? Possibly c-p-ltd.com ( simons website amongst any other companies / people on here similiar to Simon who have there own websites etc ? )
    ebuyer used to operate an affiliate scheme but pulled it some time ago. usually, especially through the current company, the businesses approve the website (us) before we can place an ad/link. other companies are not so fussy. @ZH try paidonresults, and affiliatefuture.

a company i'd like to see is vistaprint which does cheapo (free if you pay postage) business cards. pcworld and pcworldbusiness, pcnextday, currys, dixons.... i can go on if required.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 11th March 2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: correction to list of companies

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread