General EduGeek News/Announcements Thread, New Feature - EduGeek Outlet in EduGeek Stuff; If you hadn’t noticed by now there is a new icon on the EduGeek menu bar at the top of ...
8th February 2009, 08:04 PM #1
New Feature - EduGeek Outlet
If you hadn’t noticed by now there is a new icon on the EduGeek menu bar at the top of the screen. EduGeek is happy to announce that we have teamed up with Acer Outlet (Acer Laptops & Acer Peripherals available to buy direct - Acer Outlet) to bring you the EduGeek Outlet shop. We hope that you will find this collaboration useful as Acer Outlet is the largest UK reseller of Acer laptops, desktops and servers, and will be able to offer you competitive prices, excellent service; We wouldn’t have put our name to this unless we were perfectly happy about the situation with repairs, returns and warranties – incidentally ask about the accidental damage warranty! - and have even created a forum to assist in ensuring our members receive the best level of service available.
You will also find special offers and permanent discounts available to you, our members. There are some points to note though.
1. You can only access the EduGeek Outlet from the EduGeek site and only if you are logged on. This is to ensure that it is only you, our members gaining access to these facilities.
2. When you access the shop please use the links at the BOTTOM of the site to navigate it. If you use the links at the side you will exit the special area and have to re-enter via EduGeek again.
3. None of the items on the shop will be sold below cost price. Actually sometimes there may be a loss making offer on, but EduGeek will take the hit of the losses incurred. Many sites will list some models quite cheaper than we have them, but will be making their money back off you elsewhere.
4. I am assured that the problems faced by Acer in the past with repairs and returns have now been sorted out and most problems and repairs will be turnedaround within 5 working days now.
5. The use of the Outlet will ensure that our conferences and stand at the BETT show will offer you better discounts and offset your personal costs as we have done in the past. As always we will try and look after you when you come to see us in ways other groups would not.
6. Use the email@example.com email address to contact the outlet directly. We at EduGeek will also receive copies of all mail on this address to ensure openness and that you are receiving the level of service we insisted on.
We hope you really find this facility useful and we hope that if proves successful we can do more for you in the future.
7. The offers on the Outlet site are for EduGeek members only.
8. We are not, and never will be selling your details or passing them on to third parties. Acer-Outlet will only react to enquiries direct from yourselves and will never PM or cold-call, or themselves have access to the EG members database. Just to put minds at rest
Chris Byers (dos_box)
Last edited by vikpaw; 8th February 2009 at 10:36 PM.
Reason: typo correction (sorry db!) - me too getting the ones john missed before witch does :D
IDG Tech News
8th February 2009, 08:07 PM #2
Fantastic news! i'll take a look around this might come in useful!
8th February 2009, 08:12 PM #3
What kind of data is shared with the Outlet in this case (and by what method)?
Originally Posted by Dos_Box
8th February 2009, 08:15 PM #4
Sorry to be a moning mingey, any chance the button can be made to actually fit on the top bar?
But good news on the linkup
8th February 2009, 08:17 PM #5
To follow on from Chris' introduction I thought I would introduce myself. I am Richard Alford and the Education Manager for Acer Outlet and in a previous life was the Head of ICT for a High School in the North of Lancashire.
Acer is determined to offer a service which is second to none and Acer Outlet, winners of the Acer Point Partner of the Year for the last 2 years, not only has access to the product mangers and head of service and Warranty repairs (ensuring you get what you want) but also has the knowledge of the full Acer range.
Any way talk of cheap! To find out how good we are please use your EduGeek discount voucher and take advantage of the special offer on the Aspire Laptop. See the Special Offers section for more details.
Also we have networking products, desktops, laptops and will be offering demo units of many of the products. Finally we are suppliers of the award winning Faronics Software.
Enjoy looking and feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments. Contact details on the site.
8th February 2009, 08:18 PM #6
Yes it does stand out a bit too much. What's with the black border? Looks like the sort of thing I used to do in paint when trying to highlight something in a training guide!
Originally Posted by john
8th February 2009, 08:20 PM #7
The border was the result of IE and its autobordering of linked images. Fixed now.
8th February 2009, 08:20 PM #8
I'll take a look, I'm looking for a few laptops for work and like both Acer and Toshiba's
8th February 2009, 08:22 PM #9
I use Firefox.
Originally Posted by ZeroHour
Nevertheless, it looks perfect now.
8th February 2009, 08:22 PM #10
I can assure you that no information that is not freely available on EduGeek will be shared with us. Neither will any information you give us be shared.
Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey
All e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org will be monitored by EduGeek but information in e-mails will be confidential between myself, Chris and yourself.
Chris will be aware of all orders but will not know names, address etc.
I hope that helps.
Any other questions please ask me.
Thanks to acer-man from:
powdarrmonkey (8th February 2009)
8th February 2009, 08:26 PM #11
Fully agree I was in FF as well, but its happy now Maybe ZH has gone to work in IE instead
Originally Posted by Edu-IT
8th February 2009, 09:23 PM #12
Now all we need is the Acer Outlet to sell some EduGeek mugs as well - it'll be an all inclusive outlet then
Last edited by NeoPlosive; 8th February 2009 at 09:24 PM.
Reason: Bad, Bad, Sunday Night Spelling!
8th February 2009, 09:28 PM #13
I havw found a small bug on the site, how do you report it?
Thanks to FN-GM from:
acer-man (8th February 2009)
8th February 2009, 09:30 PM #14
Edugeek Mug Free with every ACER purchase
Has to be done by aceroutlet though
8th February 2009, 09:32 PM #15
Trust you to find the bug... oh yeah and remember it's "undocumented feature"
Originally Posted by FN-GM
By ZeroHour in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
Last Post: 11th March 2008, 10:34 AM
By ZeroHour in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
Last Post: 26th February 2008, 04:08 PM
By gloriousglenn in forum Network and Classroom Management
Last Post: 19th January 2008, 01:12 PM
By Chris in forum Windows Vista
Last Post: 14th August 2006, 02:12 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)