+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General EduGeek News/Announcements Thread, Polite reminder in EduGeek Stuff; I'm really sad for you Jake... you have often brightened the day with your humour on these boards... if your ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,617 Posts

Unhappy Sad day

I'm really sad for you Jake... you have often brightened the day with your humour on these boards... if your spies are reading this, I hope they feel uncomfortable about the problems they have caused by failing to treat a post which carefully avoided naming names as it was intended.

For others on these forums:
    I think this is a warning to us all to take care about what we post. You regularly read about employees getting into trouble with FaceBook, blogs or other things of this type... The internet is freely available to all and it is all too easy to get into hot water.

I think the rule of thumb has to be: If you wouldn't say it to someone else; don't post it.

Perhaps something eduGeek could consider is having an anonymous section, like the UK governors website where you can post with less fear of identification for sensitive issues: The Anonymous Section - UK Governors

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    *dangles cage key in a sad fashion*

Thank Post
    Don't really know you Jake but sorry to hear that you're leaving.

It's difficult because EduGeek is so popular now and comes up in a lot of Google searches so it's easy for employers to come across. Plus if you join the social groups it makes you even more identifiable to employers.

Thank Post
    I don't know, I leave EduGeek for a month or two through lack of time and what has happened!

Jake, as everyone's said, it must be a generally felt sentiment that it is a sad day to see you go. Take care dude!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This has made my night sad.. shame it had to result in someone been affected in this way. shame on those people who did that to him.

Like everyone else has already mentioned.. lets all be more cautious now .. cnt let anymore of you go need the knowledge

Feel the love for edugeek

Thank Post
    Reminds me of 'Nine Inch Nails - Every Day is Exactly the same'

YouTube - Every Day is the Same - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern fanvid
    Last edited by somabc; 13th October 2008 at 11:42 PM.

Thank Post
    Sorry to see you go Jake, unfortunate series of events it seems.
    A great shame there are snakes in the grass waiting to bring people down the ladder in order to get higher themselves.
    That is why I represent my own company on here. No one can tell me what to say or do in my own company!

Thank Post

Unison

If I remember correctly the union to join is either Unison or GMB as I think ATL only have a vested intrest in Teachert and lecturers and do not support TA's or support staff in pay increases etc???

I do know that since the non existant pay rise a lot of support staff and TA's have dumped ATL and joined Unison or GMB for the reason stated above.

Might want to check.

Alex

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexknight View Post
    I think ATL only have a vested interest in teachers and lecturers and do not support TA's or support staff in pay increases etc???
    They CLAIM to be interested in us, and a lot of the last (or recent) newsletter thing was about support staff. I don't know how good they would be come the crunch; as it hasn't happened yet!

Thank Post
    Well, I shall think fifty times before I post anything on here now. If Edugeek members think fit to anonymously send our postings to our LA, what hope do we have??

Thank Post
    I really couldn't give a toss about any low life / back stabbers / no marks / scum / trash / grasses.

If I think a piece of software or kit or a service provider is crap I'll say it's crap.

As long as the comment is based on my own experience and is factual I'm entitled to my opinion and I'd say it to the vendors / LA / SLT's face if asked to.

I post with my name, post and school name so I'm very easy to find.

Any posts I make here are my own thoughts and anyone who believes for a nano second that the posts I make are on behalf of my school are idiotic t*ats.

mmmm anyone fancy a fight.... Im just in that mood now

Thank Post
    To all Edugeek members who know who I am and where I work:

I will be ranting about work, about people at work, about software/hardware at work.
    I will not be mentioning any names or giving away anything that could reference a member of staff here.

If you feel strongly about what I have written because you believe it relates to you or one of our colleagues, then it's pure coincidence that you're a member of the same forum as me.

As I mention no names or do not refer to my place of work directly, I feel I am well within my rights to post what I feel.

I do, however, make sure I do not hurt anyone's feeling or say anything untoward.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234