Crossrail is not going to Kingston which is a pain.
Hmmm interesting to see how these changes are compared to how they really panned out. A few key points being a regular rail user. :)
- It looks like they had some major plans for Silverlink to do the legwork in North London. This National Rail route was absorbed into the London Overground line as plans for a line to orbit Central London without actually entering it (and then removing Z2-6 Travelcards rendering the entire exercise pointless).
- Talking of London Overground, that isn't even on there. Instead they wanted to extend the East London Line. Both ELL and Silverlink have since been merged into London Overground and the southern part between New Cross and Clapham is still on the plans.
- That is a lot of expansion in the south. I daresay the age old political dispute of south london rail operators versus TFL is continuing.
- Extra line to Camden, that station is overcrowded enough surely. :lol:
- Keeping Barbican and Moorgate? Interesting seeing that on the plans as Thameslink doesn't call there any more due to extension work.
- Could have used that link between Stratford and Canning Town the other day.
- Two Eurostar terminals, one for the north the other in the south.
- And some heavy investment going on in the east for the olympics, including a station for the Olympic Stadium (or would that have been called West Ham FC after 2012? :p ).