How Much - Loft Conversion, ish?
Looking to convert my loft. Can anybody tell me how much it will cost (roughly will do) before I seriously look into this.
Not wanting a full on conversion, just want as follows:
1) Walls/roof panelled/plastered and ready to paint
2) Couple of spot lights in the ceiling shining down (maybe 4)
3) Couple of double sockets
4) Floor boarded (and reinforced if needed - not sure how this stands)
5) Possible velux window installed depending on how much it would cost
6) No stairs, just a proper loft hatch/ladder (like the adverts you see for £99!)
I think that's it. I just want to turn the loft into another living space where I could put a computer desk, a couch, and another TV. Not sure on the exact size of the loft but it's a small 2 bed terraced house.
So how much do you think this would cost? I know plasterers/sparkys/general handymen that would help with the work at a mates rate.
Is this a project I can take on myself? What kind of return will I see from doing this when we sell the house on?