I used to work as a repair technician on EPOS systems, and was working on a wall-mounted back-end system. I had the case open, as I'd done in easily 2-3000 machines previously, and went to pick something up from the floor below. The electric shock hit me in the forehead, and blew me 2ft across the room....
I refused to work with the things for 2 weeks afterwards :p
I do hope they don't suggest that I do the training and PAT test all the stuff myself! I only work 15 hours a week in that school and I don't work holidays so I think it would probably be a bit like painting the Forth Bridge - I would only ever have time to PAT test!
They could pay for my sons to have the training and pay them to do it in the summer holidays though - now there's a thought
...and another can has been opened- Now the Site Manager REALLY hates me...
I have been getting electricians in to quote for some new sockets, and they have had to look at the main fuseboard, which is located in the boiler room. This opens directly off the playground, next to some toilets so children are always around.
Inside the boiler room are lots and lots of lovely lights and switches, as well as valves and levers -and some nice hot furnaces etc etc.
Turns out, the Site Manager leaves the door unlocked as a matter of course!!!
Horrified doesnt really cover it. Quite apart from the danger to the children, it would only take a few moments to completely disable the entire school and inflict thousands of pounds of damage.
So I told the head...
If you don't hear from me again - it was the Site Manager - :(
If you go all quiet for a few days, we'll come and rescue you :)
Thanks - being all alone here sometimes I could really do with some 'swooping to the rescue' by some like-minded techies!
cctv and a bullet-proof vest? :peep: Fingers crossed that I don't lose a triplet in the next few hours!
Originally Posted by witch