Help with Excel Chart
Got that Monday feeling and can't seem to get my head around this one. I have two columns of data,
Age at Death Total
giving ages people died at and how many of them died at that age. I want a histogram with the ages along the X and the total dies on the Y but can I get it! Don the usual highlighting both and selecting graph but don't seem to get a graph that I can select and age and cross reference it to the Y to see how many died at that age.
1. Remove the header for age at death
2. Select all the data including the header row
3. Click on the chart wizard icon
4. Choose your chart
5. Click on next and label you axes, etc
6. Click on next and decide whether you want it as a separate tab or as an object on the worksheet.
Don't know what I was doing wrong! Thanks for that
Originally Posted by TechSupp
It doesn't work if you have a column header for Age at Death as it assumes the numerical ages are to be used as data for the graph.
The simplest way to get round this is to remove the age column header and then use the chart wizard