4 weeks later after:
- repackaging or debugging every software package used in the school
- fixing problems a la Granada Learning (and not killing anyone)
- fixing permissions and missing file issues that plagued us for the last 2 years.
- getting GPO to actually install everything in order
- fixing the [expletive] issue with IE proxy setting and folder redirects
- figuring out how to deploy shortcuts successfully to ALL USERS
- fending off "is it safe to use everything yet?" queries without death a calling
- surviving a major power surge
I rebooted a clean machine, joined it to the net, and watched with baited breath as it installed everything as it should.
I can now say that I need a drink... but damn that learning curve was steep... Anyone else need some abused mental mountaineering kit? :D