Microsoft IT Academy - The Future of IT Skills Provision?
A call out to UK FE/HE, schools and colleges who are thinking about becoming an IT Academy or already are an IT Academy:
Microsoft's "Get on the Bus" tour is making a stop in York on October 29th 2009 from 6pm to 9pm at the University of York. Doors open at 5pm for informal networking.
Microsoft would like to invite FE/HE institutions that are interested in joining the Microsoft IT Academy program and existing IT Academy managers and educators to attend a special "early bird" session which will allow an exclusive insight from Microsoft on the future development of the IT Academy program.
The ITA Academy programme was highlighted this week in a CBI report which stated that the partnerships developed between UK universities and Microsoft through the Academy programme is an excellent example of how a large companies can help shape course content by ensuring that courses are based on up-to-date programmes and technologies.
Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) community lead Tjeerd Veninga will present around future plans for the programme focusing on further support mechanisms, better communication and the launch of a new web portal. For those that are new to the academy programme Rhys Jones from Prodigy Solutions will outline the programme and how it can benefit your institution.
Special guests presenting include:
Tjeerd Veninga - Community Lead Worldwide. Microsoft Learning USA
Rhys Jones - Prodigy Solutions - The UK IT Academy Support Partner
Andrew Bettany - University of York IT Academy Manager
1.00 - 1.45 Welcome & Networking Lunch
1.45 - 2.00 Introduction to the Microsoft IT Academy Program
2.00 - 2.15 IT Academy Program benefits & opportunities
2.15 - 2.45 Case Study - University of York IT Academy
2.45 - 3.00 Break
3.00 - 4.00 UK IT Academies - Tjeerd Veninga
4.00 - 4.30 Q&A, networking and close
5.00 “Get on the Bus” tour event
After the IT Academy early bird session, attendees will be invited to join the Microsoft "Get on the Bus" Road Show which will commence at 5pm at the National Science Learning Centre on campus.
Why should I attend?
- Find out how the Microsoft IT Academy program can bring real benefits to your University or College
- Hear how the IT Academy program engages and stimulates students to learn new technologies and obtain industry recognised qualifications
- Network with fellow learning professionals
- Learn from Microsoft directly how the IT Academy program in the UK is the most developed and continues to evolve.
- Provide feedback directly to Tjeerd Veninga on how your academy works
- Suggest your ideas and comments on learning and certification within the ITA program directly to Microsoft Learning
- Grab exclusive Microsoft giveaways
- Windows 7 Ultimate Tjeerd has 50 NFR copies of Windows 7 Enterprise for the first 50 registered attendees to this early bird session! :)
Who should attend this FREE "early bird" IT Academy event?
Representatives from established IT Academies, Further Education Colleges, Higher Education Institutions or IT Academy Managers & Educators are invited to this event.
Note: For health and safety reasons only registered attendees will be admitted to the session.
Please register and select the Tjeerd Veninga "Early Bird session" register here IT Academy - University of York
For more information, please ask me or visit the IT Academy - University of York website to register/contact details.