Week of hell -> a nice ending
After a week with more FFS's than is possibly healthy for an individual I've finally seen it reach rock bottom and start to climb..
It was the week of:
- the oil sump being replaced after failing only to have the water pump die, be replaced and engine temps are still high after £400 of expense
- getting a numpty who didn't know the deal with schools at a well known internet computer supplies firm, thus blowing my carefully crafted purchasing schedule out of the water.
- trying to get Lego Digital Designer to repack for a school system (for a whole month!) only to discover something on the actual school network is causing the problem and not the repacked version
- finding a printer that's gone through 3 printheads isn't suffering because of the CIS kit but because the room is reaching 30 degrees+ and air con is drying the room and printheads out... But only finding this after printhead number 4 dies, less than 2 weeks after being fitted!
- having to deal with report assist for 3 very stressed, "SAT's are nearly here" headteachers (do I need to say more)
- ... and to cap it off spending 4 hours yesterday with Smoothwall 3 refusing to bridge via a modem that worked just fine with Smoothie 2.
So, I was braced for a really bad day today only to discover that a few things good have happened too:
- ebay sales for a few printer related things have been steadily climbing and I now have £180 of pocket money to pay some of the car stuff off
- getting a new contact at the same well known supplier and finding that my plans can still go ahead albeit a week delayed... *small victory dance*
- a K850 I bought for £21 (inc' postage) works just fine and just needed a new power supply *bargain!*
- my supplier has managed to get everything I need in and is sending stuff I've been waiting a month for... at last :D
- all but one component required for my new product line are in or due for delivery today
- my other half has two more interviews for head of department and she's actually feeing more confident for the first time in years...
It just makes me think that the whole pleasure/pain balance thing is there to make life more "interesting" but heck it's nice to be on the good side for a bit isn't it :)