With the weather being nice up in the North East, in the last week I have been spent a lot of my time in the back garden.
To date I have:
- Put privacy panels on the inside of the fence (300 boards - 900 nails - 6oz hammer - til' I asked the wife to get me a bigger one *Ouch*)
- Painted all the fence, inside and out.
- Dug borders along the fence
- Attached a kickboard to the bottom of the fence (too keep it tidy and next doors weeds in their side) - One half of the garden
- Watched a new patio be laid
- Built my own wheelie bin cupboard and recycling box compartment (unfinished as weather took a turn for the worse and ran out of wood).
- Filled all sides of patio and path with sand and pebbles
This weekend will be spent:
- Adding kickboards to the other half of the garden
- Finishing the wheelie bin cupboard
- Painting wheelie bin cupboard
- Extending the borders slightly
- Planting plants and Shrubs
- Setting Garden furniture up and out
- Drinking Beer
- Catching sun rays
My next project to be completed for the Half Term Holidays is to build a mobile bar for the back garden. Can't wait.
Starting from 5pm tonight. Oh Happy Days.
I have a website to finish for Monday morning :(
I'm off to see Fast and Furious, or whatever they're calling it, then spending the weekend relaxing! I intend on doing nothing more than that.
.... but I doubt it'll happen.
Mater and Pater are taking us for lunch on Saturday to ...
Welcome to Sapori Restaurant & Bar - Anstey, Leicester
Many years ago this building was a working mens club and I haven't been inside it since it was, back in the 70s so it will be interesting to see what it's like.
now I can't get this or the Animanics theme tune out of my head........Quote:
I'll be doing what I seem to do every weekend......try to take over the world!!! (Pinky & The Brain anyone?)
Meatloaf and a beer tonight :)
Meatloaf the food not meatloaf the singer.
Utility room, downstairs WC and Conservatory have been completely cleaned, furniture/accessories put back and have been officially ticked off as "finished" :-)
Pram shopping was a success, Mama's & Papa's Sola bought from the outlet store at Cheshire Oaks with £130 off the list price as it had no box. Children ferried round as required, arriving where they needed to be at the right times (and more importantly collected at the right times :-) ).
Didn't get round to doing the bedroom or start the nursery, but the house has had a good general tidy and we've given the garage a bit of a sort out and taken a load of junk to the tip.
Sadly no golf though, although I am now playing three times this week so that will make up for it :-)
I went to bad at 4.30pm on Friday and got up 7am on Sat. Mmm snoozy.
Thanks for all your Posts on this thread! We will do this again on Friday ;)