WMICinfo final version.
Attachment 17433 Attachment 17434
wrinkles ironed out, everything working as it should.
I've included netscan - which is what i use to pull computer names for use with WMICinfo.
Extract, read the readme!! file and run, let me know what you think. Positive feedback/criticism welcome...
Instructions, as I can't seem to upload the document.....
WMICinfo is a command line tool used to extract data from domain computers. Used in conjunction with Softperfect’s Net scanner will provide and accurate break down of the systems within your network, and allow you to compile information on them.
• Extract the files to C:\WMICinfo
• Using net scanner, scan the required subnet of your network. ->
• Highlight all the lines, right click and expand copy, select hostname ->
• Paste the computer names into complist.txt, making sure there is one per line (delete any blank lines) then save.
• Run the WMICinfo.exe, it requires admin permissions so enter your credentials at the Windows UAC prompt.
• WMICinfo will then prompt for your credentials (this must be an admin account) the tool will then run.
WMICinfo will create C:\WMICinfo\Documentation.csv. This contains the information on the systems you entered into complist.txt. Any systems that didn’t respond will be listed in WMICinfolog.txt; this will allow you to investigate further.
An entire subnet can be scanned and inventoried in minutes, giving you an accurate picture of what is on your domain!