Starting new job ICT systems Manager & Facilitator November 5th
Hi everyone new here!! ,
So i went to an interview yesterday for a job as ICT systems Manager & Facilitator, i havent looked round the school and at the state of the network yet but i will be looking into it hopefully next week!
Heres my job description:
- Maintain and update the school website, including weekly awards and work.
- To maintain a good knowledge of school ICT systems and procedures.
- Troubleshoot in cases where ICT is not functioning and it is within your capabilities.
- Access and liaise with support partners.
- Liaise with ICT subject leader.
- Provide support to teachers and children in ICT lessons (4 afternoons a week).
- Produce DVDs and still photos of school events when required for display, use in publicity, etc.
- Data insertion into Target Tracker when required.
- Support for teaching staff and TAs when problems occur with accessing data.
- Troubleshoot technical problems in school office.
- Backup of assessment data for transition to KS3.
- Procurement and purchasing of new desktops and laptops for students and staff.
- Acting as a point of contact for ICT related contractors who are working onsite.
- Maintaining and upgrading physical network infrastructure, including cabling and patch panels.
- Ensure that the disposal of ICT related equipment complies with the WEEE directive.
- Keep detailed records of school licensing information to ensure legal compliance.
- Produce E-Safety resources for parents.
- Develop hardware, software and the network solutions throughout the school, to meet curriculum and administrative needs.
- Develop, implement and monitor the schools practices for data protection, internet use, e-mail, security and ICT resource management.
- Plan and budget for ICT systems development and routine expenditure.
- Develop curriculum resources to facilitate the use of ICT within the school.
- Develop the use of a virtual learning environment with the school’s stakeholders
- The duties above are neither exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Headteacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Anyway few questions-
Firstly - I know that they use CC4 RM so do i ask them to send me on a training course for that asap?
Second - once i have the budget, how do i plan it? im only 20 and planning budgets is a first for me?
Third - What sort of things do i put in a E-saftey poster/leaflet? any good websites?
Fourth - Whats the best virtual learning enivoronment?
Thanks in advance, i look to be a active member on here so look foward to meeting some now people!!!