Tips to avoid Phishing E-mail or other lovely viruses
I have had a teacher come up to me today, the teacher almost fell for an fishing e-mail. After coming to me we check to see that it was a fishing e-mail and then the teacher deleted it and went back to he's Prep time. This got me thinking about the advice a give out on safe use of e-mail when talking to the staff or students, I normal say when they uses their personal: -
1. Only open e-mail from people you know.
2. Delete or move to junk anything you think is unsafe.
3. If it's to good to be ture it's because it's to good to be ture.
4. Don't give out your e-mail to people on the street or to websites that you visit researching work, or have a diffenet e-mail account just for that.
5. If you do get an E-mail that looks genuine copy and paste a bit of the text into Google, Yahoo, Bing etc and see if a hit comes up saying it's fake.
6. Come and show it to me so I can check the links.
7. Don't use a school computer to check you personal e-mails.
Have I missed anything?