+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Could this be the End? in General; BBC News - Nick Clegg: Lords reform plans to be abandoned Could this signal the end of the coalition government? ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Could this be the End?

BBC News - Nick Clegg: Lords reform plans to be abandoned

Could this signal the end of the coalition government?

With the Conservatives seeming to back away from reform, and the LibDems feeling betrayed.... Could we be looking at a November election??

Discuss!

Thank Post
    I only hope so here, Dave and the cronying gang need to go, only Ed Milliband is in no way a credible alternative as a PM imo

3. Thanks to rich_tech from:

speckytecky (7th August 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    BBC News - Nick Clegg: Lords reform plans to be abandoned

Could this signal the end of the coalition government?

With the Conservatives seeming to back away from reform, and the LibDems feeling betrayed.... Could we be looking at a November election??

Discuss!
    clegg probably feels like he has to do something, otherwise it could be his party is decimated if they try and tuff it out till the next election. He himself could be safe, particularly if the tories choose not to field a candidate against him, but then if it's an acrimonious split that forces an election prior to 2015 it'll be a lot of finger pointing in his direction... either way he doesn't get be teflon man.

this could be the beginning of a move to try and reverse some of the damage that's been done in the eyes of those who voted libdem. it's not really worked out well for them at the local level where they've gotten into bed with a tories as the majority partner. And they may have waited too long for any attempt to squirm out to work out well for them this time.

Thank Post
    It's not the end, the lib dens are just using reasonable retaliation.
    They have lose a high valued item, so they now won't support a high value Tory item. The status quo is intact for the moment.

When it gets to 4/5 of these things happening then it's over.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thank goodness you added your comment on Milliband rich-tec! He becomes PM then I'm shipping off!

Boris Johnson for PM, that's what I say at least we would then have some pretty good entertainment and on his record as London Mayor a fine leader of the country as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    I only hope so here, Dave and the cronying gang need to go, only Ed Milliband is in no way a credible alternative as a PM imo

Thank Post
    That's the trouble at the moment I think with the mess we are in as a country and it just is not going to get any better anytime soon, regardless of leadership with this current format of politics, if Labour come in, their just too similar nowadays because of this "big party" politics system we have,

The lib dems will get obliterated in the next general election I think for selling their voters out and rightly so, they didnt need to make/join a coalition at all, a minority government would have been fine to proceed.

I also just don't see the viable alternative with Ed Miliband and I dont think the labour party are destined to anything great with him there, I myself dont see him as a legitimate candidate either after being voted into leadership by the unions, shows his own party did not think him up to it and he lacks charisma and finesse I think comparatively to some of his peers.

Sad as it is, I am going towards thinking that voting any of the mainstream parties nowadays, is maintaining the status quo really and not a lot else, where the bottom of the ladder gets squeezed a bit more each time, rather than the top in times of difficulty.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Thank goodness you added your comment on Milliband rich-tec! He becomes PM then I'm shipping off!

Boris Johnson for PM, that's what I say at least we would then have some pretty good entertainment and on his record as London Mayor a fine leader of the country as well.
    I can only assume you were drunk when you typed that?

If the buffoon made it to PM, then I think it's time for everyone (but the richest few) to leave the country.
    Last edited by aerospacemango; 7th August 2012 at 11:01 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread