+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Car disc brakes in General; Originally Posted by Oaktech I consider this pretty normal... but some of my car nut friends who can't abide anything ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaktech View Post
    I consider this pretty normal... but some of my car nut friends who can't abide anything that isn't perfect paint the non contact section of the disc with brake caliper paint - or just pay the money and get stainless ebc performance discs.
    I once spent 8 hrs at a car show, drove up , put my car on the stand and then sat down in my camping chair. Then proceeded to watch a guy clean and polish his Puma for the next 6 hrs!! (show and sine madness!)

Another show I watched as a guy removed his road wheels and disks, then replace them with pristine disks and wheels. Then took all the masking tape of the front extremities of the car that were subject to bug/stone rash...

The next time I will be at a show the car may not even be painted fully, let alone the rust on the brakes worn off LOL..

Rob

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    I once spent 8 hrs at a car show, drove up , put my car on the stand and then sat down in my camping chair. Then proceeded to watch a guy clean and polish his Puma for the next 6 hrs!! (show and sine madness!)

Another show I watched as a guy removed his road wheels and disks, then replace them with pristine disks and wheels. Then took all the masking tape of the front extremities of the car that were subject to bug/stone rash...

The next time I will be at a show the car may not even be painted fully, let alone the rust on the brakes worn off LOL..

Rob
    Wow... a Puma... brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'polishing a turd'

Thank Post
    Wire brush then some high temp matt black spray paint

Thank Post
    Surface rust is a nonissue - lets face it, unless your car lives in salt, stands for days at a time or similar, the discs will dry in use and rust will be limited. I replaced my discs a while back, not because of the surface rust, but because the contact area had worn and was noticeably thinner than the non-contact part of the disc (after 103000 miles). New shiny vented discs soon became non-shiny and surface rusted. Face, bothered. They still try to rip my face off, so it's all good..heh.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12