+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
General Chat Thread, New Headphones for my Computer - Any Recommendations in General; ...
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    612
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    i have been though 4 cheapy sets in like a year . They all brake on the top !!

    So instead of spending £50 quid on a decent pair went onto ebay and started looking for some gaming headphones

    I then came across some razor's Piranhas for £3 with a broken socket .

    So bought a new connector on ebay , another £2 ( attached with my trusty soldering iron )

    And now i have some fully working headphones for £5

    If your like me and brake them all the time this might be the best solution for you !

  2. #17

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Thank Post
    3,434
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 1,000 Posts
    Rep Power
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    i have been though 4 cheapy sets in like a year . They all brake on the top !!

    So instead of spending £50 quid on a decent pair went onto ebay and started looking for some gaming headphones

    I then came across some razor's Piranhas for £3 with a broken socket .

    So bought a new connector on ebay , another £2 ( attached with my trusty soldering iron )

    And now i have some fully working headphones for £5

    If your like me and brake them all the time this might be the best solution for you !
    Any link to the headphones you are talking about ?

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    612
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Ebay ID is 110916843112

    There £25 refurbished , but are a very nice headphone. They use USB and a mono and stereo jack ( USB for lights , stereo for sound , mono for mic)

  4. #19
    gshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,702
    Thank Post
    172
    Thanked 226 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    68
    I use a Razer Carcharias headset, so comfy you can have them on for hours without discomfort. Great for gaming but others will probably be better for music...

    Razer Carcharias - Gaming Headset | Razer Online Shop

  5. 2 Thanks to gshaw:

    flyinghaggis (3rd August 2012), mac_shinobi (3rd August 2012)

  6. #20

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Thank Post
    3,434
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 1,000 Posts
    Rep Power
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    I use a Razer Carcharias headset, so comfy you can have them on for hours without discomfort. Great for gaming but others will probably be better for music...

    Razer Carcharias - Gaming Headset | Razer Online Shop
    Not related to being affordable or this post but found the Tiamat ones that Razer do, they look really good. Think they were £160

  7. #21
    flyinghaggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,048
    Thank Post
    105
    Thanked 76 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    116
    After looking at and trying on all the headphones in HMV I didn't really find any over-the-head style sets that seemed particularly comfortable so I've bought a pair of in-ear sennheiser CX 300's for now.

    Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

    I've been using them for a couple of days and they're definitely a serious improvement over the standard Apple headphones.

  8. #22
    OB1
    OB1 is offline

    OB1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    501
    Thank Post
    34
    Thanked 161 Times in 136 Posts
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    After looking at and trying on all the headphones in HMV I didn't really find any over-the-head style sets that seemed particularly comfortable so I've bought a pair of in-ear sennheiser CX 300's for now.
    Excellent choice!

  9. #23
    flyinghaggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,048
    Thank Post
    105
    Thanked 76 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    116
    Just to update this thread I've ordered a Creative HS800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset as I needed something with a built in Mic. I'm still unsure how well I'll get on with a headset so didn't want to spend too much cash. Picked them up for £26 on Amazon which seemed like a good deal. I've read several reviews that stating they're comfortable for extended use even when wearing glasses.

    I'll post an update when they arrive.
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 25th October 2012 at 03:39 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th February 2010, 10:44 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th June 2008, 07:59 PM
  3. help required for my two sons new pcs
    By edie209 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 17th December 2007, 10:11 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 31st May 2007, 08:50 AM
  5. Any recommendations for music system for school hall? Help!
    By kfq61 in forum Recommended Suppliers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th June 2006, 08:02 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •