+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Advice needed from fellow edugeekers?! in General; If you do take the second job, make sure you apologise to the HT at the first school, explaining that, ...

Thank Post
    If you do take the second job, make sure you apologise to the HT at the first school, explaining that, whilst you hate having to turn down the job, it is too good an offer to miss. Most HTs are used to people doing this and won't take it badly providing you are honest.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    If you do take the second job, make sure you apologise to the HT at the first school, explaining that, whilst you hate having to turn down the job, it is too good an offer to miss. Most HTs are used to people doing this and won't take it badly providing you are honest.
    Yea thats a good point thanks! I dont feel too confident for the second interview, but i suppose i can give it my best shot!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gream0604 View Post
    I dont feel too confident for the second interview, but i suppose i can give it my best shot!
    A few things to bare in mind then

1) There's only one job! Stating the obvious I know but I've interviewed enough candidates who "thought" the job was theirs and seemed a little shocked when it wasn't.
    2) What ever the out come - it's a learning experience. If you don't get it this time then you'll have a better idea as to what a school is looking for from a NM next to you apply.

and, most importantly of all...

3) They are calling you to interview for a reason! They've seen your' CV and they think, on paper at least, you can do the job. We (try) not to interview any old applicant, we do read the applications and pick the best of the best to interview - well done! you've made it. From in on out it's more about personality than skill. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the experience.

Best of luck for both the interview and which ever job you find yourself in in the ext couple of months

4. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

gream0604 (30th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    A few things to bare in mind then

1) There's only one job! Stating the obvious I know but I've interviewed enough candidates who "thought" the job was theirs and seemed a little shocked when it wasn't.
    2) What ever the out come - it's a learning experience. If you don't get it this time then you'll have a better idea as to what a school is looking for from a NM next to you apply.

and, most importantly of all...

3) They are calling you to interview for a reason! They've seen your' CV and they think, on paper at least, you can do the job. We (try) not to interview any old applicant, we do read the applications and pick the best of the best to interview - well done! you've made it. From in on out it's more about personality than skill. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the experience.

Best of luck for both the interview and which ever job you find yourself in in the ext couple of months
    I suppose your right ... I would never 'expect' to be offered a job. I think there has to be that glimmer of hope to help you do your best in the interview!

I suppose what your saying about being invited to an interview is right too. Thanks for the advise, and thanks for the good luck!

Matt

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12