+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Getting hold of Dell reps in General; Isit me or is it more amd more difficult to actuallt speak to your Dell rep. Every time i ring ...
    Thank Post

Getting hold of Dell reps

Isit me or is it more amd more difficult to actuallt speak to your Dell rep.

Every time i ring i get a bloomin answer machine message. No matter which one i try its always the same.

Re: Getting hold of Dell reps

Glad its not just me!

Have been trying to contact the reps in my area for the past 2 weeks to get quotes for 3 of my schools. No replys to voice messages left, or emails.

How the hell are you supose to get a decent quote!

Thank Post

Slightly off topic but you should try ringing BT. I moved into a new flat nearly 2 weeks ago and have been trying about 5 times a day to get through to BT to get the phoneline connected and still cant get through. Means no broadband or Sky TV until I can - nightmare

Thank Post

@sysman_mk - personally I wouldnt bother getting any more equipment from Dell if you can't get through to them at this stage. Who knows what their aftersales will be like?

The problem is I am happy with their after sales. Can ring education support and usually have someone out next day / or part sent next day so no problems there.

I could always use the sales persons webpage to create my quote, but seeing as these are over priced compared to what they will do direct I dont want to go down that route.

Best keep trying.

Thank Post

The problem is I am happy with their after sales. Can ring education support and usually have someone out next day / or part sent next day so no problems there.
    I agree with this as well, trouble is my patience is wearing thin now as i need to order 4 servers for various places.

Snap Tosca925

Have two admin networks that need new server / software / workstation and one that needs 4 laptops and 15 workstations and software.

The LEA have quoted for the admin networks and I am sure that Dell direct will be cheaper.

I am guessing it is becasue it is coming up to the end of the school year and everyone is purchasing equipment for install over the summer.

Plus when you look at the area the education reps cover....

Thank Post

Funny thing is we had a load of Dell laptops delivered - I emailed and faxed our account manager several PO's for a few sets of security screw kits for the laptops to stop kids thieving the DVD drives.. Next day she rang and emailed me a special offer on servers - I told her I wasnt interested in the servers I just wanted the security kits. Bit miffed because I've not heard anything since. Needless to say I wont be dealing with Dell again.

Snap Tosca925

Have two admin networks that need new server / software / workstation and one that needs 4 laptops and 15 workstations and software.

The LEA have quoted for the admin networks and I am sure that Dell direct will be cheaper.

I am guessing it is becasue it is coming up to the end of the school year and everyone is purchasing equipment for install over the summer.

Plus when you look at the area the education reps cover....

Thank Post

Yup, I've been waiting a month for my Dell rep to replace a dodgy batch of Edge10 19" Glass-fronted TFTs that have bent stands and smoking capacitors.

7 started to smoke because of faulty capacitors, 2 have display corruption, all 44 have bent stands.

Providing (3rd-party) faulty goods to a school, and then being tardy about replacing them when the whole batch present a fire risk (as far as I'm concerned) and make the computer room unusable is not an effective means of ensuring repeat business.

Needless to say any previous good karma they have built up has gone out the window.

Thank Post

There are a few smaller companies around that are DELL re-sellers who are much keener to get your business than the DELL account managers and can offer a far quicker price quote and be as competitive too. Plus you can occasionally pick up a bargain through the DELL Outlet channel too.

I have bought a number of DELL Outlet servers from EuroPC who can offer next day delivery if they have got the spec you want. If they haven't got an exact match they can supply whatever you need with a lot less hassle than dealing with DELL. We bought a PE2900 from them recently, it needed extra drives, a flex bay, and a NIC to bring it up to my target spec. I just told our client manager what I wanted & he came back with prices for the base box & upgrades. I can recommend them.

Thank Post

Gave up with dell a while back after buying 70 workstations and a server - I dont like having to work hard just to buy the odd PC, very in-personal service - get the impression "well you only buy XX pc's a year some of out customers buy 1000 per year so i wont devote much time to you"

Butuz

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
    Funny thing is we had a load of Dell laptops delivered - I emailed and faxed our account manager several PO's for a few sets of security screw kits for the laptops to stop kids thieving the DVD drives.. Next day she rang and emailed me a special offer on servers - I told her I wasnt interested in the servers I just wanted the security kits. Bit miffed because I've not heard anything since. Needless to say I wont be dealing with Dell again.
    Funnily enough we have had the same issue with the North West Managers. We put in a big order last friday and before that they were easy to get hold of but since then all we can do is leave voicemail messages and umpteen emails (which have all been read but no response). We had to contact the customers services people to escalate our issues, which finally seems to be resolved.

I hope any further communications with Dell are better than what we have had in the last week.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts

I haven't bothered with Dell direct since I wanted to order a couple of axim's the account manager was terrible to deal with and she gave me pricing worse than I got of the website.

I go through a local company and let them have the pleasure of dealing with Dell for me.

Ben

Thank Post

Just my 2p but i've never had any problems getting hold of my account manager at Dell, although yes i do normally get an answer phone message the normally ring back within the hour.

And he beat the online price by nearly thousand pounds this time.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast