+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Getting hold of Dell reps in General; Originally Posted by tosca925 Isit me or is it more amd more difficult to actuallt speak to your Dell rep. ...
    Thank Post

Re: Getting hold of Dell reps

Quote Originally Posted by tosca925
    Isit me or is it more amd more difficult to actuallt speak to your Dell rep.
    Nope. We get the same whenever we try to contact them. You only seem to get a rapid response when you enquire about putting through a large sale their way. I guess it's to be expected when they've sales targets to meet but it can be frustrating all the same when you want to buy something smaller like cables/parts as they just dont seem interested.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries

We get the standard 'Have you tried...' emails when we send stuff in to our internal manager, but she is usually good at getting back to us within a day.

We also have a very good relationship with our external manager and we tend to cc him in with stuff that we are doing. He often advises us on possible deals and comes in to visit at least once a term.

We have been so happy we even asked them to be our technology partner when applying for Trust School status.

I can't fault their after sales support, even when we had a serious issue with the build quality of some laptops that, in hindsight, our then account manager should have told us were not up to it for continuous student use.

Since then they refuse to sell us cut price laptops and we always have kit available to seriously road test it.

This is one of the reasons why the move reps around areas ... and they do get rid of naff reps that are no meeting targets or keeping in touch with schools.

Thank Post

Personally I talk to Simon at ICTechnology and he sources Dell kit - excellent service so far.. we had an error and light codes on a Dell box and had the engineer talking to me pretty quick. Never delt with Dell direct before - Haven't seen the need to so far.

fooby

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Funnily enough we have had the same issue with the North West Managers
    Ditto

Order a few bits off them servers high/end workstations, but the last time I tried (about a year ago) I may as well been talking to a block of cheese for the response I got.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you can't get the bod in the office, then use the mobile of the external rep for your region. That will get a good response 9 times out of 10.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Or Give me a call or pm me your requirements for a Dell quote as our account manager is very reliable and we are sure to beat the pricing your getting from your dell reps. we have successfully provided many edugeek members with Dell equipment and proven to be cheaper than there current provider including Dell themselves,
    Last edited by CPLTD; 15th March 2009 at 06:15 PM.

Thank Post
    We have no problems with Dell at all, very good sales manager who looks after us very well. If you do have problems, as has been said earlier speak to the area manager for your region and the problem will be resolved.
    Another usefull thing to do is get set up on their Premiere site, as especially for small orders you get as good or if not better pricing than dealing with your rep. It is also usefull for speccing up servers etc as it will give you a much closer budgetary figure and can play around with the spec.

Thank Post
    I remember trying to get hold of dell, impossible!! The whole organisation is completely all over the place. You go through about ten indians located in some mountain call centre before you get the right part number you need or w/e

The sales managers are not much better

Thank Post
    Dell's account management skills/service has long been know as truly awful! We are partnered with Dell and can offer ourselves as your 'Dell Rep' which many Edugeek members already take advantage of!

Not only are we at the end of the phone any time you need, we can offer better pricing, faster deliveries and can hold stock for you! We also supply Dell spares.

If any one needs pricing, advice etc.. do not hesitate to contact us as we'd be more than happy to help!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12