+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Hershey's Chocolate. Not impressed....again in General; Originally Posted by dezt I bought a Hershey Bar when they came out in Asda, I remembered them from the ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezt View Post
    I bought a Hershey Bar when they came out in Asda, I remembered them from the Empire of the Sun film.

Needless to say it was the last time I bought one, and I don't know why Cristian Bale was so eager to get hold of one in the film.

Yuk.
    i suppose if thats what your beought up with as chocolate then you might like it (has to be said never tried american chocolate (never heard a good word about it or really had the opportunity) and i don generally even like chocolate flavoured things say chocolate ice cream as it never tastes like chocolate)

Thank Post
    We're off to Canada in a couple of weeks... and will be taking Cadburys to our good friends out there... in return we get plied with alcohol and have a brilliant time. This therefore implies that (decent non-american-continent crap) chocolate is far more valuable than alcohol... The cadbury's that they have out there is less than impressive as well (think that's to do with the way they treat the milk). Marmite is also a valued commodity!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willott View Post
    We're off to Canada in a couple of weeks... and will be taking Cadburys to our good friends out there... in return we get plied with alcohol and have a brilliant time. This therefore implies that (decent non-american-continent crap) chocolate is far more valuable than alcohol... The cadbury's that they have out there is less than impressive as well (think that's to do with the way they treat the milk). Marmite is also a valued commodity!
    I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you there. In no place in this universe can Marmite be described as a 'valued commodity'. Or even 'edible' come to think of it!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you there. In no place in this universe can Marmite be described as a 'valued commodity'. Or even 'edible' come to think of it!
    You are quite clearly insane. Marmite is the food of the Breakfast Gods. Can't have a slice of toast without Marmite

Thank Post
    Agreed, although it must be said that a level tsp of Marmite in gravy gives it a nice richness. Personally I am not a marmite fan, but LeBoyfriend is and I 'tolerate' it in our house. Apparently Marmite and cucumber sandwiches are the food of the gods. I'll pass on that thanks.

I'm afraid my breakfast of choice is toasted Fruit Loaf with melty butter. Mmmmm

Thank Post
    Don't start that whole war... would you prefer me to call it a valuable commodity? The only reason you think it's inedible is because you're not strong enough to handle it!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    I'm afraid my breakfast of choice is toasted Fruit Loaf with melty butter. Mmmmm
    Damnit, I haven't had breakfast this morning and that's one of my favourites... I will look forward to a nice package of fruit load and butter delivered from Smoothwall as recompense :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't start that whole war... would you prefer me to call it a valuable commodity? The only reason you think it's inedible is because you're not strong enough to handle it!
    It's akin to the illegal dumping of industrial waste on unsuspecting countries!

*It's bad enough my wife and kids bring it into the house with it's other unwelcome cousin. Peanut butter.

Thank Post
    I'm certain I read somewhere that Marmite costs more than Petrol (Yes, yes I did - in the Daily Fail). That being said, it is probably only marginally cheaper than petrol now as the days of the 5 gallon are long gone :-(

Although LeBoyfriend has the Marmite XO as my mother thinks it's funny to buy it for him for Christmas. He loves it. It stinks the kitchen out.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Amen to unspecified deity to that....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch
    Amen to unspecified deity to that....
    I'm going to have to disagree with you and DB on this one! This is a marmite loving household!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    We all hate it here and I wont allow it in the house. I was a good mum and tried the children on it when they were small but there were no takers.
    One son and me quite like twiglets though..

Thank Post
    Marmite on toast FTW!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by APMerry View Post
    Marmite on toast FTW!
    Oh yes. The food of champions.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnixx View Post
    Oh yes. The food of champions.
    only if the assosciated championship is projectile vommiting

SHARE: