+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Still have a rubbish car aged 29 in General; Originally Posted by Earthling Nope, don't do it for me like a Z3 does. Not even a Z4 does it ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Nope, don't do it for me like a Z3 does. Not even a Z4 does it for me like a Z3 does.
    A Z3 does not rev out to 9000RPM stock on a 2L engine, 9500RPM if you tweak it and are a tad crazy

I am currently looking for another car as I have used up my Vectra, I have yet to find anything in my price range, in a manual of that size that does not handle like a barge or a coffin. I still have a rubbish car as I can't find a better one

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    A Z3 does not rev out to 9000RPM stock on a 2L engine, 9500RPM if you tweak it and are a tad crazy

<snip>
    I am waaaay past revving anything up to 9500 or even 9000.

I want to drive round in a car I like the look of, a car that I can drive with the top down and a car that I've not had before. I've had a 'Hot Hatch', a ****-off big limousine, a coupe and a few 'family' saloons. Never had a two-seater, roadster or sports-car (whatever you wanna call them). Ideally, I'd like a single-seater, then I can't give anyone a lift, I can't ferry the grandkids about and it's pointless of people to ask me to run errands for them.

Thank Post

I want to drive round in a car I like the look of, a car that I can drive with the top down and a car that I've not had before. I've had a 'Hot Hatch', a ****-off big limousine, a coupe and a few 'family' saloons. Never had a two-seater, roadster or sports-car (whatever you wanna call them). Ideally, I'd like a single-seater, then I can't give anyone a lift, I can't ferry the grandkids about and it's pointless of people to ask me to run errands for them.

Best move I ever made. No lifts anywhere, no "can you pick us up from the pub", no "fancy helping me move this large piece of furniture"...

DO IT!!

Thank Post

Still have a rubbish car aged 29-prodpic-204-2.jpg

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    When my airbag module went , they charged me £50 for a diagnostic ( even though i had done one )
    That's actually quite reasonable. Peugeot charge £80 +VAT for theirs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PRODPIC-204-2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	15108

I wouldnt like to use one on a busy road but they are fun

Thank Post
    Right,

Passed test 28th December 1998

K Reg 1.8 Fiesta diesel
    Old X Reg Landrover Series 3 109(Daisy)
    E Reg Landrover Ninety(Discovery engine and a few tweaks)
    E Reg Landrover 110 Hi-Cap(Fully rebuilt TombRaider replica, although without the roof rack and stays, could never afford them
    H Reg Honda Beat(Little red motorbike engined 2 seater convertible with zebra stripe seats, so much fun!)
    52 Reg MGZR diesel plus model(My only brand new car, and probably the last)
    J Reg Landrover Discovery Tdi
    J Reg Landrover Ninety Tdi Soft-top(all liveryed up to look like a racer!!)
    2 x Something Reg Ford Granada Ghia 2.0 Auto(Don't ask, needed cars sharpish after crashes and bad luck)
    N Reg BMW 325TDS(mmmmm shiny)
    X Reg Landrover 88
    54 Reg Landrover Freelander Tdi Sport(WORST MISTAKE EVER)
    A Reg Landrover Ninety
    V Reg Ford Focus 1.8 estate
    54 Reg Skoda Octavia Lauren and Klement 1.9Tdi estate(Current car, and for £1500 was a complete bargain. I thought about new cars the other day, and I'd rather spend money on this one, than anything else, love it!)

This list does not include cars I have bought for wanging around the farm tracks!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well let's see.

29, and until recently had an 60-reg toyota iQ until I decided to sell it, trading it for an annual season ticket travel card and a small wodge of cash.

Now I never get asked for lifts, don't have to worry about petrol, insurance or servicing, can mostly travel for free (unless I'm going outside zone 6) and can read or nap while travelling (unless I'm cycling, obviously).

Bit of a pang when I got rid of it, but I feel so much better now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    Well let's see.

29, and until recently had an 60-reg toyota iQ until I decided to sell it, trading it for an annual season ticket travel card and a small wodge of cash.

Now I never get asked for lifts, don't have to worry about petrol, insurance or servicing, can mostly travel for free (unless I'm going outside zone 6) and can read or nap while travelling (unless I'm cycling, obviously).

Bit of a pang when I got rid of it, but I feel so much better now.
    great if you live in london and your public transport is heavily subsidised by everyone else round here its just poor

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    great if you live in london and your public transport is heavily subsidised by everyone else round here its just poor
    Heavily subsidised?

Are you aware of what an annual season ticket in London costs? If it's subsidised, it's not so much that any normal user would notice.

Can I argue that cars are great if you don't live in the south east and your roads are heavily subsidised by non-drivers?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAWJames View Post
    Right,

Passed test 28th December 1998

K Reg 1.8 Fiesta diesel
    Old X Reg Landrover Series 3 109(Daisy)
    E Reg Landrover Ninety(Discovery engine and a few tweaks)
    E Reg Landrover 110 Hi-Cap(Fully rebuilt TombRaider replica, although without the roof rack and stays, could never afford them
    H Reg Honda Beat(Little red motorbike engined 2 seater convertible with zebra stripe seats, so much fun!)
    52 Reg MGZR diesel plus model(My only brand new car, and probably the last)
    J Reg Landrover Discovery Tdi
    J Reg Landrover Ninety Tdi Soft-top(all liveryed up to look like a racer!!)
    2 x Something Reg Ford Granada Ghia 2.0 Auto(Don't ask, needed cars sharpish after crashes and bad luck)
    N Reg BMW 325TDS(mmmmm shiny)
    X Reg Landrover 88
    54 Reg Landrover Freelander Tdi Sport(WORST MISTAKE EVER)
    A Reg Landrover Ninety
    V Reg Ford Focus 1.8 estate
    54 Reg Skoda Octavia Lauren and Klement 1.9Tdi estate(Current car, and for £1500 was a complete bargain. I thought about new cars the other day, and I'd rather spend money on this one, than anything else, love it!)

This list does not include cars I have bought for wanging around the farm tracks!
    I'm sensing you like Landrover's, if I could afford it I'd try a Disco 3 or a Defender.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    Heavily subsidised?

Are you aware of what an annual season ticket in London costs? If it's subsidised, it's not so much that any normal user would notice.

Can I argue that cars are great if you don't live in the south east and your roads are heavily subsidised by non-drivers?
    bus/rail cards arnt cheap up here. Last time i used a bus it cost about £5 to go to town and back. £10 on a oyster and i did many more miles and still have loads left

MetroCard - bus travel and rail zones 1-5 | MetroCard | Metro £35 a week for west yorkshire and nothing like the service of the underground

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    bus/rail cards arnt cheap up here. Last time i used a bus it cost about £5 to go to town and back. £10 on a oyster and i did many more miles and still have loads left
    £57.40 for a weekly season ticket for me, purely between home and work without any travelcard benefits. It's not cheap anywhere.

There was a reason I only bought an annual one after selling the car.

Thank Post
    EEEEEE bought a new car, picking her up at the weekend...

Still have a rubbish car aged 29-t2ec16hhjgke9no8jd2fbqnjb-tdfw-60_12.jpg

Ford Modeo ST220, 56,000 miles, £3,675

Petrols going to be a bit pricey but I'm not planning to commute in it, more a weekend car.

Thank Post
    Tidy..

The 220 has a good powerplant. Hopefully your Mono will be more enjoyable than mine.

My mechanic says he has something to try that may well improve my TDCI running.

Still thinking of a 3.0 S-Type which is the same basic engine as the 220 but installed in the correct orientation

TT

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread