+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, I've not seen rain like it! in General; Originally Posted by pete Flooded here at work and about 2-3 inches in my house. Up until about 2am getting ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 983 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Flooded here at work and about 2-3 inches in my house. Up until about 2am getting the water and mud out, now got the dehumidifiers running and waiting on the insurance assessor.

Network status at present:

Attachment 14462
    I was going to message over and ask how your school was doing - I saw the two fire trucks with flashing lights still there at gone 8pm last night as I drove back from ripping up the carpets at my parents-in-law's.

So much for Horncastle Town Council's promises that the drains would remain cleared and no flooding would never happen again after 2007.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    Here in sheffield it was a funny old day yesterday...15minutes torrential rain followed by 20minutes bright sunshine, all day...temperature stayed around 23/24 even through the rain.
    It was awful yesterday. I'm up London Rd end of Sheffield rain, sun, rain, sun all day. It's slightly cooler today but the server room is still 28c.
    Last edited by bladedanny; 29th June 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spellingness

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    drains would remain cleared and no flooding would never happen again
    There's your problem, right there..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    There's your problem, right there..
    Dammit, fooled again! Who'd have thought Pamela Crisp-Beard* had such cunning in her...

*genuine Horncastle Town Councillor. As mad as she sounds.

Thank Post
    It's been getting steadily hotter and more humid here over the last week. The day starts off hazy and grey then brightens up into blasting sunshine by the afternoon. So this morning I decide to get my favourite gypsy skirt back out. Temp in the car was 18 degrees on the way in at 8am, at 9 the rain was horizontal. One of our motorcycling support engineers got caught in it on his way in and squelched his way soggily into the office looking like a drowned rat. The sun is now out again (vaguely) and the temps are in the 20s again.

Wouldn't think it was nearly July would you?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    It's been getting steadily hotter and more humid here over the last week. The day starts off hazy and grey then brightens up into blasting sunshine by the afternoon. So this morning I decide to get my favourite gypsy skirt back out. Temp in the car was 18 degrees on the way in at 8am, at 9 the rain was horizontal. One of our motorcycling support engineers got caught in it on his way in and squelched his way soggily into the office looking like a drowned rat. The sun is now out again (vaguely) and the temps are in the 20s again.

Wouldn't think it was nearly July would you?
    in this country yes the one predictable thing about the weather is its unpredictability

Thank Post
    I was going to message over and ask how your school was doing - I saw the two fire trucks with flashing lights still there at gone 8pm last night as I drove back from ripping up the carpets at my parents-in-law's.

So much for Horncastle Town Council's promises that the drains would remain cleared and no flooding would never happen again after 2007.
    Well we had a power disco (flashed on and off 10 times in about 5 minutes), which took out an AC unit in the server room and sufficiently confused the switch rack UPS that it decided to shut off.

Technology, English, Media, SEN and three IT rooms all flooded (below knee) another IT room flooded via the roof and soaked 10 or so computers, but they're Lenovo's so should be ok. RS part-flooded and there's been quite a lot of leaks in roof.

Electricity is off in lots of places until things can be checked out. One IT room will be down until Monday because water got into the conduit.

Today I've been mostly working out what's fubar and documenting it.

And I'll be spending the weekend ripping up the floor in my lounge and hall.
    Last edited by pete; 29th June 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote of the day from a Year 3 pupil yesterday (visit from local primary all morning): "We don't have rain like this at our school".

9. Thanks to 36Degrees from:

denzal2k4 (6th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Well we had a power disco (flashed on and off 10 times in about 5 minutes), which took out an AC unit in the server room and sufficiently confused the switch rack UPS that it decided to shut off.

Technology, English, Media, SEN and three IT rooms all flooded (below knee) another IT room flooded via the roof and soaked 10 or so computers, but they're Lenovo's so should be ok. RS part-flooded and there's been quite a lot of leaks in roof.

Electricity is off in lots of places until things can be checked out. One IT room will be down until Monday because water got into the conduit.

Ouch, my condolances to you.. I'd try and crack a joke, but I just don't have the heart to do it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

And to think our Head is up in arms because the DT corridor flooded. No classrooms, no offices, no damage to any electrical equipment or paperwork or furnishings, just a bit of corridor getting damp because the roof is known to have problems but hasn't yet been fixed as it was due to be done in the summer.

Gods... you have our sympathies here, you really do

Thank Post
    Fun fact - if water gets into enough of the conduit and shorts out sufficient ethernet pairs it can brick the switch. Still, it's only a Netgear and I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade the thing.

And because this thread is worthless without pics:

I've not seen rain like it!-technology.jpgI've not seen rain like it!-chemistry.jpgI've not seen rain like it!-chemistry02.jpg
    Last edited by pete; 29th June 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Thank Post
    I like the last picture... Reminds me of Rapture.. With a Splicer behind the door xD

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes we had the mini tornado over here at Impero Towers. The photo is taken about 5 mins walk away from the offices..

.I've not seen rain like it!-522123_3306851350464_1002613438_n.jpg

Russ

Thank Post

We had a crew from Binbrook & Caistor here at Keelby and Binbrook were been redirected to Horncastle once they had finished up here. Caistor, even though is high up and were low down sounded like they came off worse than us.

Thank Post
    Non stop heavy rain here for the last 5 hours and no sign of it letting up. I think some staff will struggle to get home. Any flooding in your neck of the woods?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast