Hmm. When I make changes to my .com they apply pretty much instantly! I'm using PointDNS though rather than the registrars or hosts own DNS.
I registered a new .com yesterday, and usually (although I've only done .co.uk before) it is accessible well within 24 hours.
However now it has almost been 24 hours and whichever DNS server I query against, it doesn't seem to have propogated.
If I go on this site What's My DNS? Global DNS Propagation Checker and put the domain in, every single server has a red X.
Doing a WHOIS brings up my details and the nameservers so am I just being impatient? I thought 24 hours was a worst case scenario, and it's a bit worrying it isn't accessible from ANY DNS servers
Depends who it's registered with. I find godaddy to be the quickest to make changes, rarely have to wait more than a couple of hours.
Sounds like a registrar-side issue- not creating the appropriate records, or a DNS misconfiguration somewhere along the line. Contact the registrar directly.
I think most places say "within 48 hours" but its normally a lot faster.
Guessing they haven't processed your order yet
yeh normally between 24 and 48 hours. Might be more if your ISP has a cache.
lookup the whois, find the DNS servers the domain is registered with and query them directly for the domain. If they don't know what is going on then you registrar hasn't fully processed the domain registration yet.
If they do, you are at the whims of your local DNS administrators cache timeouts. Try using google/opendns if you are impatient.
Last edited by Geoff; 14th June 2012 at 03:48 PM.
It's with CS New Media, who I know others on here use and I've used them before and been very happy with them, so it's unlikely to be them.
I've checked the DNS records and nothing seems to be amiss but I could have cocked up somewhere!
I've tried querying against their DNS servers but I get 'query refused', this happens if I query my other (working) domain as well
Thanks for the replies, I'll contact them, just didn't want to if I was just being impatient!
Last edited by sidewinder; 14th June 2012 at 04:09 PM.
It was my fault thankfully I noticed before I contacted them
I was changing the nameservers in the wrong place....changed that and 2 minutes later it's all working
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)