+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Just had my first "dangerous wireless radiation" complaint! in General; A member of staff is moving into a small room over the summer, no network point in the room so ...

Thank Post

Just had my first "dangerous wireless radiation" complaint!

A member of staff is moving into a small room over the summer, no network point in the room so I was going to setup a wireless access point nearby (not in the room - obviously) and make her desktop wireless.

She called me this morning and stated:

1. She didn't want wireless as it's dangerous to be near a wireless access point.
    2. Her husband will be in over the summer to install a network point.
    3. The deputy head has OK'd this - so we're good to go.

I stated that:

1. Her husband wouldn't be touching the network.
    2. She wasn't getting a wireless access point in the room - as that would require a point to be installed, which we're trying to avoid because of costs. If we did put a point in, there really wouldn't be any point in wireless - would there!

Oddly enough now I've had a little chat with her she's perfectly happy as the access point isn't in the tiny room with her. She's now admitted that perhaps she should have spoken to me first.

I couldn't believe that someone would OK a random person from outside installing cabling!!! He's an electrician but I couldn't care less! It ain't happening!

Thank Post

Re: Just had my first "dangerous wireless radiation" complai

The day someones head randomly explodes near a wireless unit is the day I believe they are dangerous to ones health.

Thank Post

Re: Just had my first "dangerous wireless radiation" complaint!

The stupidity of some people is quite amazing. A candidate for the FFS forum me things!

Thank Post

Never mind the huge - steaming - pile of Bullshit that is being hyped about WiFi 'Radiation' (insert dramtic red lines and invoke the image of the Chenobal meltdown here)

And yes with a capital B since its as rancid as the hype about mobile phones.

ding, ding - all abord the bandwagon.

Thank Post

I never have and never will beleive the wireless LAN of Death hype, the same with mobile phones.

As said before, until someone actually dies and the cause of death is something like "WLAN Collision'd to death" or someone's pacemaker is accidentally DoS Attacked, Im not listening to any complaints.

Thank Post

Also has anybody ever noticed that sparkies can't run data cables to save their lives, every time we have had people in to run mass amounts of cables management always decide on the sparkys and we spend the rest of the year tidying up.

Thank Post

Re: Just had my first "dangerous wireless radiation" complaint!

Mobile phones do emit microwave radiation. They are harmful.

A friend of my uncle developed cancer of the muscle in his upper leg - exactly where his mobile phone had been clipped for 15 years...

Wifi is not harmful - not even close to the power levels and I don't think we should be subject to this sort of bs until we're strapping APs to kids heads...

...now there's an idea...

Thank Post

It's all because of that stupid Panorama thing. They looked into it and left it wide open. They always do this. They never come to a conclusion!

I think it is a load of tosh and luckily no parents or teachers in my 4 schools have complained, yet.

I am bracing to remove the APs should someone complain because you can't fight parents with attitude.

I just bought two lovely Cisco 1320s too

EDIT: No wait I tell a lie, on friday the Head of a school told me a new starter's parent asked about wireless....yada yada...panorama....yada yada......

And it seems like the Head told them straight out...."We use wireless here, don't enroll your child if you do not wish to have them exposed to it."

You can't just take down a whole wifi network for one person.

Anyway back to the original post. I agree, people shouldn't be getting oks like this from the Head. It happens a lot to me, the heads ok lots of things and I'm like, woah, hang on for one minute....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread