+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What inventions have you come up with but can't be bothered to make? in General; Originally Posted by shenley Wireless electricity (aka broadcast power) eliminates the need for cables. This makes mains powered electric cars ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shenley View Post
    Wireless electricity (aka broadcast power) eliminates the need for cables. This makes mains powered electric cars viable. At the mo, dragging an extension lead around is an inconvenience!
    well yes but last i heard it was a good way of wasting power as it was pretty inefficient

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wireless electricity (aka broadcast power) eliminates the need for cables. This makes mains powered electric cars viable. At the mo, dragging an extension lead around is an inconvenience!
    I suspect that practical wireless electricity - for more than just charging phones from a dunky may - is a few years and a lot of legislation and regulation away. Think how much people panic about mobile phones giving us all brain cancer; wireless electricity probably will give them a heart attack, if not though direct cause and effect.

On a more practical note, why not fit small turbines to all sink plug holes, toilets, etc and use the flowing waste to generate electricity? Every time somebody uses the loo, more power to the national grid. Highway wind turbines are a good idea too.
    You probably end up doing more harm to the environment building those than you'd save with the free electricity much like solar panels at the moment, in fact...

Someone I knew once reckoned bikes should have dynamos hooked up to a hot plate in the frame so you could keep a thermos of coffee warm while you went out cycling. Although that'd probably just make the thermos too hot to hold more than anything else!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbo_ap View Post
    a toilet door lock with 3 settings: vacant, engaged and "i'd give it 10"

in the v2 model there would be a timer too
    doggers lock??

Thank Post
    A shopping trolley that scans items and adds them up as you put them in and deducts when taken out of the trolley, then pay for it at the end...love to make that!...........but i cant be botherd

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 955 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frut02 View Post
    A shopping trolley that scans items and adds them up as you put them in and deducts when taken out of the trolley, then pay for it at the end...love to make that!...........but i cant be botherd
    Good idea in theory I think but how would it know if you were taking an item out or if you were putting an item in. Might get confused and end up adding the item to your list several times when you put a few in and then took the few out and it just decided that you were putting them in and not taking them out ?

Thank Post
    Another good one whether it is possible or not I honestly don't know ( not my idea ) was wireless over light ( lights all over the country , in peoples houses, restaurants, take away places , etc etc )

Thank Post
    I always wanted to patent a remote control for a telly that you slid into a slot on the telly to recharge it - removing the need for searching in cupboards for emergency batteries!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crt404 View Post
    I always wanted to patent a remote control for a telly that you slid into a slot on the telly to recharge it - removing the need for searching in cupboards for emergency batteries!
    Isn't there an android / iPhone app where you purchase an infrared adaptor ( which fits on either phone ) and you can then customise the app to have whatever buttons you want in whatever layout and control the telly or any other infrared device so sky box / virgin media box / dvd / blu ray player etc ??

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Good idea in theory I think but how would it know if you were taking an item out or if you were putting an item in. Might get confused and end up adding the item to your list several times when you put a few in and then took the few out and it just decided that you were putting them in and not taking them out ?
    Very Good point, a good reason why it's never been invented!!

10. Thanks to Frut02 from:

mac_shinobi (25th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Another good one whether it is possible or not I honestly don't know ( not my idea ) was wireless over light ( lights all over the country , in peoples houses, restaurants, take away places , etc etc )
    Possible, sure.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    I know Sony are set to do something similar to this with their 3D TV's (allow two players to play on the same screen using the whole screen) but here goes anyway:

Why not build a box to exploit the dual images 3D TV's output? You'd have it outputting one HDMI feed to one channel and another the other channel. Two people then wear 3D glasses, but both eyes are the same polarity - the result being the missus can watch Sky while you play the XBox [b]on the same screen[/]. Only downside is one of you would have to wear headphones (and you'd both have to wear glasses of course)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I know Sony are set to do something similar to this with their 3D TV's (allow two players to play on the same screen using the whole screen) but here goes anyway:

Why not build a box to exploit the dual images 3D TV's output? You'd have it outputting one HDMI feed to one channel and another the other channel. Two people then wear 3D glasses, but both eyes are the same polarity - the result being the missus can watch Sky while you play the XBox [b]on the same screen[/]. Only downside is one of you would have to wear headphones (and you'd both have to wear glasses of course)
    Sony have done it with the PlayStation TV, and LG are doing it as well now: http://www.lg.com/au/technology/lg-cinema-3d-tv/index.jsp

It's similar thinking to the Wii U as well, from what Nintendo are saying - if you're on the Wii U and someone else wants to watch the telly, you can start playing the game on the touchscreen instead. How satisfying that will be, and what happens when the game you're playing uses that screen cleverly, remains to be seen...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDW View Post
    when in london i could do with an app - possibly called Find me a taxi?

i never know where i am and there is never a taxi that is for hire

you would sign in, and flag (or order) a taxi using your GPS (ideal for visitors or the lazy). The taxis then recieve the message saying you want collecting and a map to where you are?

the taxi driver would accept each job depending on their distance to you.
    That actually exists (at least the ordering a taxi bit): London Taxi App

15. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

NDW (28th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Sony have done it with the PlayStation TV, and LG are doing it as well now: http://www.lg.com/au/technology/lg-cinema-3d-tv/index.jsp

It's similar thinking to the Wii U as well, from what Nintendo are saying - if you're on the Wii U and someone else wants to watch the telly, you can start playing the game on the touchscreen instead. How satisfying that will be, and what happens when the game you're playing uses that screen cleverly, remains to be seen...
    Have panasonic got something like this then or they not followed suit ( just yet ) ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frut02 View Post
    Im sure ive seen news articles where that was being trialled

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast