+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
General Chat Thread, saw this on the way home, had to laugh. in General; Originally Posted by Gatt As long as it doesn't involve belly buttons and USB Sticks Could be worse...
  1. #16

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,737
    Thank Post
    1,272
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    As long as it doesn't involve belly buttons and USB Sticks
    Could be worse

  2. #17

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,135
    Thank Post
    1,908
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Erm.. do we want to know how you found this out?!
    Yes, because I've seen them in a bikini at a barbecue.

  3. Thanks to tech_guy from:

    mac_shinobi (21st May 2012)

  4. #18
    Pete10141748's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,365
    Thank Post
    106
    Thanked 220 Times in 130 Posts
    Rep Power
    86
    Ahh, the old "confusing office with windows" problem. Happens all the time here, and to my parents, and my friends, and... well, a suprisingly large amount of people, actually.

    I was asked for Windows 2003 to be put on a new laptop just last week, I used to play ignorant to what they mean and state the obvious, "Err, windows 2003 is for servers only? It's got Windows 7" to be met with "No, I had Window 2003 on my old laptop. I don't like Windows 7, they've moved around the menus and things" and generally wound them up until they realise they meant Office all along.

    These days I just assume anyone means Office whenever they ask for Windows [anything].

  5. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    210
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
    Rep Power
    25
    Depends.. can I access the interwebz on this laptopamabob?

  6. Thanks to SC92 from:

    Tech1 (23rd May 2012)

  7. #20
    kernewek-sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    264
    Thank Post
    66
    Thanked 50 Times in 46 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete10141748 View Post
    These days I just assume anyone means Office whenever they ask for Windows [anything].
    Same here. @elsiegee40 giga merts are the way forward none of this hertz nonsense.

  8. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    121
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete10141748 View Post
    Ahh, the old "confusing office with windows" problem. Happens all the time here, and to my parents, and my friends, and... well, a suprisingly large amount of people, actually.

    I was asked for Windows 2003 to be put on a new laptop just last week, I used to play ignorant to what they mean and state the obvious, "Err, windows 2003 is for servers only? It's got Windows 7" to be met with "No, I had Window 2003 on my old laptop. I don't like Windows 7, they've moved around the menus and things" and generally wound them up until they realise they meant Office all along.

    These days I just assume anyone means Office whenever they ask for Windows [anything].
    I would definitely have installed Server 2003 and presented it "Ta-da, here's what you asked for"

  9. #22

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,720
    Thank Post
    3,248
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Rep Power
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by kernewek-sam View Post
    Same here. @elsiegee40 giga merts are the way forward none of this hertz nonsense.
    Mechanics must come across this or something similar at some point where the driver says oh they have a 2.0 giga merts engine which is Diesel ......

    All these years and other IT Techs including folk on here and we must of been getting it wrong, giga merts, silly me !!

  10. #23
    basicchannel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    279
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Mechanics must come across this or something similar at some point where the driver says oh they have a 2.0 giga merts engine which is Diesel ......

    All these years and other IT Techs including folk on here and we must of been getting it wrong, giga merts, silly me !!
    TBH I probably sound like the mechanic equivalent of whoever wrote that ad when I talk about cars, but you can't have it both ways.

  11. #24

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,720
    Thank Post
    3,248
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Rep Power
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by basicchannel View Post
    TBH I probably sound like the mechanic equivalent of whoever wrote that ad when I talk about cars, but you can't have it both ways.
    It's a mertz say deez benz - honest gov !

  12. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

    kernewek-sam (22nd May 2012)

  13. #25
    kernewek-sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    264
    Thank Post
    66
    Thanked 50 Times in 46 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    All these years and other IT Techs including folk on here and we must of been getting it wrong, giga merts, silly me !!
    I know.... mind blowing </sarcasm>

    If this a computer shop I feel sorry for their apprentice if they have one.

  14. Thanks to kernewek-sam from:

    mac_shinobi (22nd May 2012)

  15. #26

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,817
    Thank Post
    1,624
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Yes, because I've seen them in a bikini at a barbecue.
    Pics or it didn't happen

  16. #27

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,056
    Thank Post
    591
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete10141748 View Post
    old "confusing office with windows" problem.

    Not as bad as the "confusing Office with Windows, but calling it Microsoft."


    So much wut. [And it's happened a few times...]


    Attachment 14042


    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Rules of the internet #31 - You must have pictures to prove your statement.


    [May be rule 32... people keep changing them...]
    Last edited by X-13; 23rd May 2012 at 09:09 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 25th March 2011, 11:04 AM
  2. [Pics] If I Saw This On The Motorway I Would Have Found It A Little Distracting!
    By DaveP in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th March 2011, 08:27 PM
  3. [Video] What do your staff do on the way to work...
    By russdev in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th February 2011, 04:23 PM
  4. [Pics] I Saw This On FailBlog. Thought It Was Too Good Not To Post.
    By DaveP in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd June 2010, 04:10 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •