+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Poor old Frank Williams in General; A great birthday present in the form of Maldonado's win and then the garage burns down, people are injured and ...

Thank Post

Poor old Frank Williams

A great birthday present in the form of Maldonado's win and then the garage burns down, people are injured and Senna's car trashed. I suppose they were lucky that Maldonado's car was in parc ferme. Quite a good race though, the first of many for Maldonado I think.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Would have been better if the pole and win were not gifted to them but fair play indeed. However, I personally can't stand Mr Potato Head. Not as much as I can't stand Alonso but that's besides the point.
    Williams however, I've a huge amount of respect for, as does everyone in the pitlane and it's good to see such a result for Frank's 70th. As you say though, such a shame about that fire after - hope everyone involved at Williams, Caterham and FI are OK.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Would have been better if the pole and win were not gifted to them but fair play indeed. However, I personally can't stand Mr Potato Head. Not as much as I can't stand Alonso but that's besides the point.
    Williams however, I've a huge amount of respect for, as does everyone in the pitlane and it's good to see such a result for Frank's 70th. As you say though, such a shame about that fire after - hope everyone involved at Williams, Caterham and FI are OK.
    +1 for me, I believe Lewis would have won that day. Getting to 7th from last place was pretty amazing especially the fact that he lasted 30? laps on a set of tyres. Shame really - he should of been sent to 10th with Q3 time removed and as Eddie Jordan said completely wrong decision by the stewards. I wonder if it was in another country AKA Canada if he would of just went down to 10th - we know the spanish love Lewis.....

As for Maldonado I am not a fan I was kinda hoping him and Alonso would collide but still glad he won it over Alonso and Williams needed that after the season they had last year. 5 races 5 winners, whos next? Lewis still needs a win under his belt.

Thank Post
    Really pleased for Williams on the result and such a shame for the day to end the way it did. It is great to hear other teams have offered to loan equipment to Williams to help them in Monaco.

I too cannot stand Alonso, I wish him to harm but I do wish he never finishes a race again.

Thank Post
    70 candles on a birthday cake in an F1 garage - it was bound to happen...

6. 4 Thanks to Marci:

denon101 (14th May 2012), Gibbo (14th May 2012), laserblazer (14th May 2012), synaesthesia (14th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Could we keep the jokes out of here at the moment, there are 7 people still in hospital from this, one with very severe burns, thanks.

Anyway, great drive by Maldonado, kept his cool after being beaten by Alonso off the line and drove brilliantly at the end to make his tyres last. So pleased to see Williams at the front of the field again
    As for the Lewis penalty, the stewards had no option as it was a technical infringement and so he was lucky to even be allowed to race. I'm a big McLaren fan but their story just doesn't stack up, they've got form for this sort of thing in the past and I have to say I'm not impressed.

Thank Post
    And if you saw the BBC News at 10 last night you'd be forgiven for thinking it was just a bit of smoke.

Their lead story was - seriously - Man City winning the Premiership.

Right down towards the end of the bulletin - after the football - they briefly mentioned Maldonado won and showed the smoke in the garage. No mention of Schumacher's bump, the pit incident for Button, nothing about Hamilton's place drop.

I'm quite disgusted at the level of reporting.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The only problem with the penalty for Hamilton was that under the eyes of just about anyone was one of 2 options - time penalty or grid penalty, both of which would have dropped him to 6th/7th on the grid. However dsq from qualifying is ridiculous especially when RB do it *constantly* in race. Races. The points-winning bit. The most important bit.
    But not to worry, showed some more of what Lewis is capable of as easily the best racer on grid.

As for the jokes - we're British.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread