+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 184 123451151101 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :) in General; Hi all I thought that this might be handy for new members to introduce themselves to the forum - whether ...
    Thank Post

New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)

Hi all

I thought that this might be handy for new members to introduce themselves to the forum - whether they be techies or teachers [or both lol] alike - especially with the forum getting so busy, its kinda hard saying hi to everyone to those that have joined up

Cheers and post away here with hello's and where your from, etc

Regards
    Nath.

P.S. If you have time please fill out your location and school (if applicable) in your profile. This will assist our members to help you bettre if help is nearby. Thank you and welcome

Re: New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)

Hello, I'm Paul from the land of the concrete cows

Thank Post

Hi All,

I'm Alan, Network Manager at a large comprehensive on the outskirts of London.

Was IT Security Manager in a v.large insurance co until outsourcing got me redundancy! So now I am using my skills to benefit education. Hope I can help others.

Thank Post

I work for a public school as an AV technician, principally in the Modern Languages Dept. 1st line support on Sanako (Tandberg) language lab built around a suite of 27 PCs. I keep the linguists off the proper Geeks backs as best as I can.

Despite working in languages I only speak basic Geek, and I leave the higher level stuff to those more fluent in the black-arts. DVDs, videos, TVs and the like are bread & butter, also H&S Ctte and other such fun stuff!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi. My name is Tony and I'm a ...

I'm a ...

I'm a ...

*sigh* I'm a Geek (sorry ... doing this always makes me think we are attending a meeting of Geeks Anonymous javascript:emoticon('post',%20'message',%20'') !)

I'm Director of IT at a Technology College in Corby, Northants. I have been assimilated into Senior Manglement and I am only allowed to play with the toys if I am a good boy.

Thank Post

Hi, I'm Richard.

I teach ICT at The Royal School in Wolverhampton, but also provide technical support (light timetable). I only started this sept and I am the first official in-house support they have had, previously everything being done by full time teachers and a one-day-a-week support contract.

Changes are afoot.

Thank Post

I'm the Network Manager for a large ICT centre, I look after a couple of hundred machines (XP, XP x64, OS X, Linux) and a few racks of servers (2003, 2003 x64, Linux).

Been working in education for 7 years, MCP in Windows 2000, sitting my CCNA in January.

Got a fairly broad knowledge base of all things geeky, internet technologies, LAN/WAN design, security, coffee drinking etc.

Thank Post

I'm Alex and I'm an ICT manager.

Sounds like an AA meeting. '80'

I lean more to the administration side of things but desperately try and conform to the Geek code.

I work in a largish middle school in Somerset, Ooo argh, and cope with four servers, with up to 200 workstations.

Thinking of diving into the qualificatio pool again to get a MCSE or equivalent.

Thank Post

Im Jim, Network Manager @ a secondary school in Birmingham.

Got a few MCPs (70-210, 215, 218) and an A+, currently working toward an MCSE in 2K then upgrade (don't ask, I like to do things the hard way)

Geek? i subscribe to the geekmuse podcast and code C# apps in my spare time, what do you think?

Thank Post

Mornin' ladies and gents,

My name is Rob, I'm the Technical Support Manager for an LEA, I've only been in the education sector for about 2 and a half years, in the past I have been part of the Manufacturing/Business Support industry.

Looks like a really good site that is well used! Look forward to speaking to a lot of you.

Rob.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

hi rob

welcome any chance of putting your location in your profile as useful to know where people come from..

Cheers

Russ

Thank Post

hi, i'm free. i'm seriously thinking of giving up working in IT (having worked in the commercial and education side) to open up a harem - need plenty of punters, and given that i 'know' you all, first time is free. wysiwyg. refreshments available. your notice is drawn to the summary outside the premises - please read (and mind the red light).

Thank Post

I *think* (and I'm happy to be corrected) that I'm the only female member here (that's genetically female, anyway!).

Anyway, I'm Zoe, I'm no relation to Indie (above), I'm from Milton Keynes like SYSMAN and actually work at his old school, but I've never met him (nor am related!).

My job title is officially IT Administrator (I have a Network Manager above me in the pecking order), however I often find that the scope of my work stretches into Network Management (ie,yes, I do his job) and beyond.

I have an awful lot to learn still, despite being 5 years into my IT 'career' (ho ho). I started at one of the large UK banks in their Tech Support, working with *nix, then moved to a solicitors (never again), before moving into a school environment last year.. However, I still feel like a complete novice compared to some. Time to start considering my MCSE, methinks...

indiegirl

So your at the big R?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl
    I *think* (and I'm happy to be corrected) that I'm the only female member here (that's genetically female, anyway!).

Anyway, I'm Zoe, I'm no relation to Indie (above), I'm from Milton Keynes like SYSMAN and actually work at his old school, but I've never met him (nor am related!).

My job title is officially IT Administrator (I have a Network Manager above me in the pecking order), however I often find that the scope of my work stretches into Network Management (ie,yes, I do his job) and beyond.

I have an awful lot to learn still, despite being 5 years into my IT 'career' (ho ho). I started at one of the large UK banks in their Tech Support, working with *nix, then moved to a solicitors (never again), before moving into a school environment last year.. However, I still feel like a complete novice compared to some. Time to start considering my MCSE, methinks...
    there is one other female around here who dons board every so often that is linusgurlie but then nenevr met her so maybe it is just a rumour

Russs

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 184 123451151101 ... LastLast