+ Post New Thread
Page 50 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :) in General; Originally Posted by StuartWhite Hello EduGeek Users, We are Net-Ctrl LTD sponsors of the Recommended Suppliers forum. As you will ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartWhite View Post
    Hello EduGeek Users,

We are Net-Ctrl LTD sponsors of the Recommended Suppliers forum.
    As you will see from our advertisement we are Value added Resellers of the highly acclaimed Ruckus Wireless technology.

We have considerable experience with Ruckus Wireless within the education sector and this forum provides us with a fantastic opportunity to reach EduGeek users at an informal yet technical level.

Please feel free to share with us and other users your experiences of Ruckus Wireless or wireless technology in general and we will do what we can to support you and answer you queries.

Kind Regards
    Stuart
    Net-Ctrl LTD

Hi Stuart ,

Welcome aboard fella from another sponsor ,

I hope you enjoy your stay here at edugeek they are a freindly bunch and I'm sure you will have alot to offer the forums,

Simon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartWhite View Post
    Hello EduGeek Users,

We are Net-Ctrl LTD sponsors of the Recommended Suppliers forum.
    As you will see from our advertisement we are Value added Resellers of the highly acclaimed Ruckus Wireless technology.

We have considerable experience with Ruckus Wireless within the education sector and this forum provides us with a fantastic opportunity to reach EduGeek users at an informal yet technical level.

Please feel free to share with us and other users your experiences of Ruckus Wireless or wireless technology in general and we will do what we can to support you and answer you queries.

Kind Regards
    Stuart
    Net-Ctrl LTD
    Hi there and welcome

Thank Post

hey

Hi, just registered.. only really so i could see the FFS and security sub-forums..
    im a student not a technician but i got an a* at gcse ict without really trying and know a bit about ICT.. so yeah, hi guys, how are things...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What course did you do? I did the DIDA one a few years ago and found it boring and a waste of time. It doesnt relate to true IT.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    What course did you do? I did the DIDA one a few years ago and found it boring and a waste of time. It doesnt relate to true IT.
    The clue is in the name, Diploma In Digital Applications = video, website design and making power point presentations. The old style equivalent was called Information Systems when I went through the education system, and focussed on databases, word processing and designing logos. It was only when I progressed to 'A' level where we started learning programming and how a computer actually worked, but that's not really taught properly even at 'A' level these days.

Any how I digress, Welcome aboard Robbo123 and others above who've recently joined.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wish i had a choice if i did it or not. The school i work in they pull apart computers for there course.

Z

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    The clue is in the name, Diploma In Digital Applications = video, website design and making power point presentations. The old style equivalent was called Information Systems when I went through the education system, and focussed on databases, word processing and designing logos. It was only when I progressed to 'A' level where we started learning programming and how a computer actually worked, but that's not really taught properly even at 'A' level these days.

Any how I digress, Welcome aboard Robbo123 and others above who've recently joined.

Mike.
    Thanks Mike... Yeah, it's designing logo's, websites, spreadsheets databases brochures and all that kind of thing... it sucked. I started A-level this time round, im doing B-tec national practitioners diploma... It was the best one i could fit around my other courses. The unit's they have picked suck so bad aswell.... animation and things like that, when there were loads of better -more ICT- type units we could have done.. But heh, it'll be alright. Maybe i could get it finished in half the lesson time we get.. But, this term I go back to school to see right click has been disabled.. so now i have to do things the 'long way round' :@ if someone can tell me how i can turn my right click back on i'd be very greatfull Can I change the system registry key from NoViewContextMenu 0 to NoViewContextMenu 1 ?? or will the registry be locked or protected or whatever… ideas anyone ?

is it worth starting a new thread for this ??? and which section ?
    Last edited by Robbo123; 14th September 2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: -

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo123 View Post
    Thanks Mike... Yeah, it's designing logo's, websites, spreadsheets databases brochures and all that kind of thing... it sucked. I started A-level this time round, im doing B-tec national practitioners diploma... It was the best one i could fit around my other courses. The unit's they have picked suck so bad aswell.... animation and things like that, when there were loads of better -more ICT- type units we could have done.. But heh, it'll be alright. Maybe i could get it finished in half the lesson time we get.. But, this term I go back to school to see right click has been disabled.. so now i have to do things the 'long way round' :@ if someone can tell me how i can turn my right click back on i'd be very greatfull Can I change the system registry key from NoViewContextMenu 0 to NoViewContextMenu 1 ?? or will the registry be locked or protected or whatever… ideas anyone ?

is it worth starting a new thread for this ??? and which section ?
    Hi Robbo123, you may find that we are a litle secrative about revelaing how o get aruthe large barriers we put in usrs ways. Its a case of if you need to know then you aren't in the job

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Hi Robbo123, you may find that we are a litle secrative about revelaing how o get aruthe large barriers we put in usrs ways. Its a case of if you need to know then you aren't in the job
    Helpful Dos_Box
    Well it's Monday tomorrow and i have one, or maybe two free periods.. I’ll let you know how i get on.. I’m assuming the registry is going to be protected and i don’t know how to get past that.. You should really help me out though.

EDIT didnt try today, have ICT tomorrow... try then
    Last edited by Robbo123; 15th September 2008 at 05:28 PM.

Thank Post
    .exe's blocked,
    someone should point me in the right direction,

Thank Post

Hello - newbie on here...

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd say hi as I just joined up yesterday. The forums look great ive already seen loads of stuff to help me out! Im an assistant ICT support manager from an independant school in Essex btw.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Hi all,
    Just thought I'd say hi as I just joined up yesterday. The forums look great ive already seen loads of stuff to help me out! Im an assistant ICT support manager from an independant school in Essex btw.
    Hi there and welcome

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Hi all,
    Welcome aboard Dirty Dog,

Thank Post
    Hi,

back in education after a long break. Previously worked at Tottenham College. Southall College and Elm Park Tertiary many moons ago; now working in ICT @ Kingsdown School in Swindon.

John

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Welcone jdoyle

and by the way, robbo123 - NO!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread