+ Post New Thread
Page 46 of 185 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :) in General; Howdy, Most people call me Rowan and I am the IT Coordinator at a small secondary College in Australia. Came ...
    Thank Post
    Howdy,

Most people call me Rowan and I am the IT Coordinator at a small secondary College in Australia. Came across this site while googling for related info and looks like I will be coming back here a lot.

Thanks to all for the info contained and look forward to when I can offer help back.

Cheers
    Rowan

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Hello From Computer Products Ltd

Hi Guy's

Simon collins here from CP ltd,

I came acrosss this forum with great interest as being an accredited Microsoft Educational Reseller we supply schools with IT equipment and software,
    After working in IT for nearly 15 years now I believe I can still learn more from forums like this for two reasons, bettering my knowledge in IT and to learn from your experiences where we as a company may be failing,
    I also am intersted in the school IT curriculum as I have a eight year old daughter who is passionate about computing, I suppose that comes from her geek of a father,
    Be aware I am not here to pitch for business but if I can help in any way regarding the sourcing of any particular item I'm only a pm away.

Best Wishes

Thank Post
    Welcome to the forum guys

Hope you enjoy your stay at this fantastic resource

4. Thanks to apoth0r from:

CPLTD (8th April 2008)

Thank Post
    Hi All
    My name is Phil. I dont work in a school but in general offer advice and help to schools nationwide on all sorts of new technology of which most schools dont know is out there. I also go into schools and try to solve problems. I originally spent 13years in a Sony Centre.To cut the story short we received an order from a school. When i went into the school i noticed a few installs and was horrified by the workmanship. The more schools i visited the more i noticed so hence decided to do what i am now doing by helping schools get a decent service.
    I also enjoy music and a beer or two

Phil

Thank Post

Hello all

I have been in the IT business for too many years, computers had thatched roofs when I started, mostly in the DEC world, later IBM mainframes, when men where men and computers need aircon etc.

As the years roll by, hardware gets smaller and software gets more difficult to understand, let alone what goes wrong between operating system and mere utilty applications.

So I seem to know less and less about more and more these days, so I hope
    to gain some help from your community and will be happy to share my knowledge with others.

Regards

Ron

Thank Post
    Hey all,

I'm currently a primary / secondary school tech, i've been in IT for a couple of years now and i'm currently trying to get certs to improve my knowledge and hopefully start climbing up the ladder. The moneys not that great but i'm enjoying working in the IT field within education a lot more than my previous jobs!

I've already been lurking around on these forums for some time (ever since my previous Network Manager pointed it out to me), and i figured it's about time i started posting too. It looks to be a nice resource and a great community here

Dan

Thank Post
    Come on in, the water's warm.

Thank Post
    Not so good at introductions, but basically I just happened across here a while ago and while I'm not actually in educational IT I thought I might stay a while.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome. I presume you have a role in IT though? What sector?

Thank Post
    Hmm, pinning me to a sector or job role is always tricky. I\we have been mainly involved in the network and comms installation side of the industry and also electronic security. I have been involved in the IT industry in a small way on and off for a while in SME environments but more recently we are merging these skills as most of our equipment is IP based in some form or other nowadays. We are also in the process of becoming an ISP to tie in with our off site monitoring\archiving IP based CCTV solutions.

Thank Post
    Hi,

My name's Luke.

I joined the ranks of IT technical support ... well back when i was in school ... Our incumbent (read ancient) IT technician was less than willing to learn new tricks ... so despite not doing any IT qualifications in school I became the IT prefect and defacto technician ... fun times :-)

I then defected the cause and went to study Philosophy at university, dragging it out for 4 years and travelling extensively ... well actually what i did was start up a little computing business at the university and study in between doing that!

When I (finally) graduated ... I decided it would be a waste to actually use my degree and I became a part-time IT tech for a local school ...

I have just (today) secured myself a permanent job as an Assistant Network Manager at school in Oxford.

:-)

errr ... that was quite an egotistic post ... but i'm in a good mood and celebrating.

Thank Post
    congrats luke, which school?

Thank Post

Howdy

Hi all my name is Luke i am a IT tech for a secondary school in London, no formal training i just sort of got into it by accident. my main area of expertise is computer music and sound engineering so feel free to ask any questions about that subject. mainly cubase, reason, sound forge, cool edit pro.

i dont do logic or pro tools, they are tools of the devil

sdc
    Thank Post
    Hi, I'm Stephen, NM for Lytchett Minster School in Dorset. The forums look like they'll be a very useful resource, and I hope I can contribute at times.

Thank Post
    Hi everyone

Just a quick post, new to the IT world.. us old guys have to learn it now otherwise we would be obsolite

Just studying CompTIA A+ and N+, was told to come here by "EduTech" as he said i might find some usefull information here and the nice guys around will happily help me if i had any problem

See you around

Rob

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread