+ Post New Thread
Page 147 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2767
General Chat Thread, New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :) in General; Hi Gaviidae! We're new here too we joined in August . VeryPC are a hardware reseller and system integrator. We've ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 588 Posts
    Hi Gaviidae!

We're new here too we joined in August .

VeryPC are a hardware reseller and system integrator.

We've joined the Edugeek community to contribute on hardware issues and tech advice - its cheesy but we're give back to the community that chooses VeryPC as a supplier.

Lastly Welcome to Edugeek!

Andy

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaviidae View Post
    ... as long as it's sufficiently complicated to be interesting.

SIMS .net will sort you out nicely there!

Thank Post
    Hi everyone, well I registered a little while ago but realised I'd yet to introduce myself. I'm Claire, I'm an ICT tech for a secondary school in the Forest of Dean and have been so for 9 years now. I'm an attempted general fixer of anything that goes wrong.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Gaviidae, I'm probably near you location wise - Devizes but as sure as heck not on experience, any SIMS issues it's helpline for me!

Anyhow welcome aboard.

Greetings!

I'm Gaviidae, an escaped American currently working as a Data Analysis Manager in a secondary school in Wiltshire, UK... for my sins. I mind a VLE, website, SIMS, and generally make sense of anything with numbers in it for those less techie than I am. My first love is Excel, my second is Sharepoint, but I'll quite happily play in any system that I'm allowed to have admin rights to... as long as it's sufficiently complicated to be interesting.

Thank Post
    Greetings!

I'm Gaviidae, an escaped American currently working as a Data Analysis Manager in a secondary school in Wiltshire, UK... for my sins. I mind a VLE, website, SIMS, and generally make sense of anything with numbers in it for those less techie than I am. My first love is Excel, my second is Sharepoint, but I'll quite happily play in any system that I'm allowed to have admin rights to... as long as it's sufficiently complicated to be interesting.
    Hey, Always nice to see more Wiltshire people around! Over swindon here! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by clairelangton View Post
    Hi everyone, well I registered a little while ago but realised I'd yet to introduce myself. I'm Claire, I'm an ICT tech for a secondary school in the Forest of Dean and have been so for 9 years now. I'm an attempted general fixer of anything that goes wrong.
    Hi, and welcome

Steve

Thank Post
    Hey Guys and gals welcome to Edugeek

Thank Post
    Greetings everybody, my name is Jason and I'm the IT Tech for St.Bernard's School in Cumbria. My hobbies include slaying zombies, eating beans and asking people if they've tried turning it off and on again.

Special interest in security, workstation tweaking, overclocking and pies.

Thank Post
    Hey JP - Welcome , my undead redeadifying friend.

As a Northwest (Lancashire) lad originally I can relate to the special interest in pies. Meat and potato or pork primarily.

See you round the board,

Al

9. Thanks to VeryPC from:

multipoint (11th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPShields View Post
    Greetings everybody, my name is Jason and I'm the IT Tech for St.Bernard's School in Cumbria. My hobbies include slaying zombies, eating beans and asking people if they've tried turning it off and on again.

Special interest in security, workstation tweaking, overclocking and pies.

Taking your interests in zombie slaying and beans into consideration, I believe this is the thread for you!

Day Z

Thank Post
    Hi all... Dave here... I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and find myself Interim Data Manager at Todmorden High School...

As well as the standard day-to-day data management tasks I've been given the job of implementing SISRA as a web-based reporting tool for an established SIMS system. Considering that two weeks ago I knew nothing about either of these systems it seems to be going reasonably well and I feel like I'm getting up to speed quickly...

My background includes 12 years mucking about with data migration in large ERP systems (primarily SAP / Oracle) so it's come as a bit of a shock to find myself working in education.

Cheers all... Looks like a lot of skills/knowledge on this forum

Thank Post
    Welcome Dave. Looks like the Northerners are all arriving today. Greetings from an ex-pat Lancashire lad marooned in Yorkshire.

Sounds like you're going great guns with the SIMS project. If you are needing any support with it though, let us know and we'll see if we can put you in touch with a helpful tecchy at Capita - they are one of our business partners.

Al

Thank Post
    Hi all, Brian is my name, I work for, and am part owner of a small IT/Computer company in the States (Maine) we do work for small businesses that do not have an IT dept. We build and repair systems (PCs) and servers, plan and deploy networks. We also have started implementing VM environments. I have a couple of clients with some strange printer, and group policy issues (which I will post later) happening. So I hope I can learn something from you folks.

Brianr

Thank Post
    My name is Anthony Nneke, I am the Internal Schools Business Manager at Microsoft UK, Reading. I am currently writing a blog discussing what I think are the top 5 challenges that schools currently face and will face.
    I would really be interested to hear your views, whether you agree or whether there are points I have missed. Here are some of my points I have thus far.
    1. Budget Cuts; 2.a, Knowing where to get advice from , 2.b, - due to NO BSF, Removal of LA Support, 2.c, -No BECTA support/guidance; so schools are possibly making decisions they have not had to make before. 3. Computer Science - ICT in the curriculum. 4. Devices -wanting to bring devices under pressure, from Parents, and senior leadership teams, pressure to attract kids to schools 5. How do schools provide anytime, anywhere learning ( Cloud Services).

The aim of gaining your feedback is to ensure that I arrange the relevant webinars geared towards provide you with solutions to those challenges. Microsoft are committed to education and I am committed to ensuring this is realised in schools.

Feel free to contact me direct ,
    Anthony Nneke
    Schools Internal Territory Manager, Microsoft UK

Tel: +44 1189094265 |
    v-anneke@microsoft.com | SchoolsBlog | Office365

Microsoft Limited (company number01624297) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered officeis at Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading. RG6 1WG

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    all you s and the oldies who i've missed

Thank Post
    Hello all

My name is Logan, from Lawrence, MA, USA
    I help manage 19 schools for the Lawrence Public Schools as one of the "Senior Network Analysts", which of my point of view, is just a fancy name for the HR Department to call a IT Tech that knows a bit of everything, not afraid to learn and/or hasn't learn to stop touching things outside of his/her comfort zone.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread