+ Post New Thread
Page 136 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2767
General Chat Thread, New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :) in General; Hi all. My name is Lindsay and I work at a school in York as their new ICT Technician. I've ...

Thank Post
    Hi all. My name is Lindsay and I work at a school in York as their new ICT Technician. I've worked in two schools before in similar roles (though with much bigger networks and more complicated setups) back home in Australia. This site looks great.

Thank Post
    Lindsay

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yasdnil View Post
    Hi all. My name is Lindsay and I work at a school in York as their new ICT Technician.
    I live not-too-far from York. Fantastic place. Yorkshire is the place to be, no doubt.

Welcome aboard, all.

Thank Post
    New user here When I was in College I volunteered at a School on my day off, from March last year, and carried on when I started Uni in October. In January this year I was employed to cover for the IT Technician while he was on long-term sick leave and then for 2 months I was also covering for the Network Manager at the same time, as the old one left and the School took ages to hire someone new. I am still covering for the IT Technician until the Summer Holidays. All that and I have just finished my first year of Uni!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, one and all. Pull up a chair, break out the EduHobNobs, retell your woes and share your successes.

Thank Post
    Greeting all

My name is Bryan and I'm 24, I've already made a few threads already asking for help so some may have notice me but have only just discovered this thread so thought I'd say a proper hello.

I live in Manchester and work in a local primary school just 15 minutes walk away. I've always been into computers from a young age and just recently decided my direction. I aim to work towards a profession career in Networking IT.

I bought the MCSE books in september last year and although I started working through them striagh away I've only made larger strides in recent months since landing a apprenticeship job this year.

as apreticeships go I'm on low wage but have learnt so much in my time at this job so far. my job title is IT Technician or ICT Support as my name tag says but in reality I'm practically the IT manager, Technicial and administrator.

I support 140 machines and about 12 printers ( although some un used atm) and work from the staffroom where I administer the servers via remote desktop and when the opertunity permits the clients via remote desktop.

apart from starting on MCSE I taught A LOT of computer stuff my self starting back with MS dos but didnt start tinkering until win 98.

so thats me and hello again to you all

Bryan

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Welcome to all
    Join our happy band - as long as you bring cake!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    as long as you bring cake!
    Witch, for shame... Leading these new Edugeekers astray.

We all know the cake is a lie.

Thank Post
    Hi all

I'm george, work for a large secondary school on the south coast near christchurch. Having previously worked for the other larger school in the area, where i went to school and attended their 6th form. So that was almost a continuation for my schooling, where i was employed as a 'trainee' it technician on term time only (despite working most of the holidays) due to time constraints. They were one of the first schools to go windows 7 (sept 2009). As i moved on i landed into a mostly RM network, which the NM was looking to go windows 7 with new server set up, so i got to help with the set up and design of that new network. looking to roll out over the summer...

George

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Hi George - nice to meet a fellow Dorset Tech - quite a few of us here now but if you know anymore do introduce them, won't you?

Thank Post
    Hello everyone!

My name is Maria and I live in Sweden and for now working as a stableworker/Horse carer...
    Since my boyfriend dont have the patience with pcs and such I usually take care of that buisness around here, and then its good to have a place to go to when the things I know isnt enough.. (Its not much I do know but I manage pretty well I think.. :P )

Have a great summer everyone!

/Maria

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    God afton Maria, Hur mor du? Jag studerar computern, och Svenska i Stockholms Universitet fr 1 akademikern termen. (About the limit of my Swedish apart from ordering food and drink!) lol
    Translation: Good evening Maria, How are you? I studied computers and Swedish at Stockholm University for 1 academic term.

If you need a hand we are all here to help

Thank Post
    Hello All, I'm Joe and I am based at a school not too far from the centre of Maidstone

Officially I am the ICT Technician. But if it has a plug on it chances are everyone thinks it is something to do with me. We have roughly 70pcs and 2 servers (curriculum and an admin server)

Im only a few months into my career having previously been at university, which in no way at all set me up for the role I now do every day.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    First welcome. Second, no training course or degree will ever give you the preparation for working in a school.

15. Thanks to nephilim from:

JT-Online (6th July 2011)

Thank Post
    Hello All

I am Chris and I have a keen interest in IT and help out at a few local Derbyshire Schools looking forward to gaining from all the experience on Edugeek

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread