+ Post New Thread
Page 131 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2836
General Chat Thread, New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :) in General; Welcome to all new members!...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts

Welcome to all new members!

Thank Post
    Hi Guys, I'm Danny, 18 and from the North West, just outside of Manchester! I work for an IT Provider for Education as an Account Manager at the moment!

I have a few technicial qualifications myself and looking to learn much more, as well as giving my opinions and contributing to the forum!
    I won't elaborate to much on my company, don't want to break any rules - but i'm always happy to help

Hope i have introduced myself enough!?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,776 Posts
    Welcome to edugeek Danny!

Thank Post
    Hi Guys im Rob im 20 and working in a school in south west London this is my second school ive worked in this current school im working for has a Manage service with RM and i provide pretty much everything they don't do(cant be asked to do).

Thank Post
    Hello all, I’m Michelle and have been actually ‘stalking’ Edugeek for years but never intro’d myself....

I started my working life nursing, went from there to a helpdesk doing IBM, AS400, RPG support for a global company, then onto a local LA for over 7 years following maternity leave ... for the last 3 years i have worked as a freelance consultant, doing anything Educational IT relate, from MIS installation, conversions, training (but a bug bear of mine is that MIS often is very much under used but costs schools a small fortune to have...) I have been involved in BSF/academies projects, VLE implementing, plus school SLT related matters like Ofsted, SEF and so on and on and on... I sound like I have been around for years and am really old, but i'm not :-)

Love my job, love working in the education sector and love the fab knowledgeable peps on this site.. I will get around to coming to a seminar/conference one day to say hi in person. Did see you at BETT but never got a chance to stop.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MISassist View Post
    Hello all, I’m Michelle and have been actually ‘stalking’ Edugeek for years but never intro’d myself....

I started my working life nursing, went from there to a helpdesk doing IBM, AS400, RPG support for a global company, then onto a local LA for over 7 years following maternity leave ... for the last 3 years i have worked as a freelance consultant, doing anything Educational IT relate, from MIS installation, conversions, training (but a bug bear of mine is that MIS often is very much under used but costs schools a small fortune to have...) I have been involved in BSF/academies projects, VLE implementing, plus school SLT related matters like Ofsted, SEF and so on and on and on... I sound like I have been around for years and am really old, but i'm not :-)

Love my job, love working in the education sector and love the fab knowledgeable peps on this site.. I will get around to coming to a seminar/conference one day to say hi in person. Did see you at BETT but never got a chance to stop.
    Welcome to edugeek! Nice to have another 'experienced' lady around... there are a few of us with your kind of background!

7. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

MISassist (3rd March 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWatson View Post
    Hi Guys im Rob im 20 and working in a school in south west London this is my second school ive worked in this current school im working for has a Manage service with RM and i provide pretty much everything they don't do(cant be asked to do).
    Welcome to edugeek Rob... sorry you got missed earlier!

9. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

RobWatson (19th May 2011)

Thank Post
    Hey Peeps

I'm Hannie, currently live in yorkshire (bring on the flatcap) i'm in my 30's and a Primary School Teacher and ICT Coordinator. I like to dabble in all things techy but in no an expert - i have a go till it breaks then start again :P
    Great site you got here - looking forward to getting my feet under the table and browsing all the posts for ideas.

Thanks
    H

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannie View Post
    Hey Peeps

I'm Hannie, currently live in yorkshire (bring on the flatcap) i'm in my 30's and a Primary School Teacher and ICT Coordinator. I like to dabble in all things techy but in no an expert - i have a go till it breaks then start again :P
    Great site you got here - looking forward to getting my feet under the table and browsing all the posts for ideas.

Thanks
    H
    Welcome Hannie

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Hi, first time on here and I'm really not sure if this correct etiquette, but I think it is...
    My name's Rob Hyde, I'm from Leeds and I'm an alchol...oh wait a minute, wrong group!
    I run a structured cabling installation company called Communyx, I’d love to find out how I can become more involved on here. I’ve got the best part of twenty years experience in telecoms and I’d love to offer help and advice if I can?

Thanks,

Rob

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Rob!

Thank Post
    Welcome Rob

Be careful to stay the right side of the law. Commercial promotion isn't allowed unless you are a site sponsor (contact the site admins for that) That said, I'm sure your experience will be invaluable!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    rob, and michelle and the others i have missed.

@rob - help and advise all you can, just don't advertise or promote your services and all is good. as per terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up
    if you do wanna advertise just message the admin (there's only 1 left now but he's very good )

@sparkeh - where's the

who has the hobnobs...?

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Hello again and thanks for the welcome(s), I'd love to take some business from here but I'm a realist and a Yorkshireman and realise "Tha can't get owt for nowt". I joined to get some insight in to the Educational Sector, to find out how contracts are awarded and to offer any help I can.

I realise the easiest way to find this information out is to help and in time hopefully my questions will be answered.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome,

Rob

Thank Post
    Hi everyone, regular stalker but first time poster. I'm Dave, been working in education as tech support, for the best part of 12 years now, firstly for Leeds University, now a secondary school in Liverpool. I've fallen in love with this place already and will definitely be picking the brains of everyone here as I think I'll need it with some of the upcoming projects I have in mind

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread