+ Post New Thread
Page 117 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2766
General Chat Thread, New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :) in General; Welcome to all the newcomers! Bask in the roaring glow of the family fire. Take a seat, help yourself to ...
    Thank Post
    Welcome to all the newcomers! Bask in the roaring glow of the family fire.

Take a seat, help yourself to coffee and a most definately non-choclate hobnob, because chocolate hobnobs don't exist in any shape or form around here. The above image is falsified and should not be taken seriously, or as fact or proof that such hobnobs are readily available on EduGeek. Anyone caught with such a delicacy will be subject to severe interrogation.

Please see Witch for your regular coffee dunking, tasty hobnobs.

Definately no chocolate hobnobs around here...

moobsuk is a spy... must be a spy... Only I know the whereabouts of the fabled stash...

Thank Post
    Hello world !

Long time lurker, first time poster....

work for Synetrix

Hoping to chip in with useful info now and then !

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Welcome all

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzodad View Post
    Hello world !

Long time lurker, first time poster....

work for Synetrix

Hoping to chip in with useful info now and then !
    Welcome aboard

Thank Post
    Hi all,
    Just found this forum while googling for information on suitable laptops for primary schools and joined up.
    I'm a governor ( ooo, i can hear the groans now ...) at my local primary school and with quite a few years in the IT industry, I was 'awarded' the ICT Link governor role. If i had ever entertained the idea that that ICT in education was going to be a breeze, it disappeared very quickly. Policies, LEA's, procurement, administration, AUPs, internet monitoring, ICT suites, RM CC4 - the actual ICT equipment is the least of my worries. And that is before I think about the teaching of ICT in the curriculum!

This forum looks like a huge font of knowledge about ICT within education and no doubt I shall be posting quite a few questions. Sadly, by the time I might consider myself nearly competent in these matters, my 4 years will be up.

Anyway, enough of my meandering twaddle. I'll let everyone get on with bumping up the share price of McVities

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfau View Post
    Hi all,
    Just found this forum while googling for information on suitable laptops for primary schools and joined up.
    I'm a governor ( ooo, i can hear the groans now ...) at my local primary school and with quite a few years in the IT industry, I was 'awarded' the ICT Link governor role. If i had ever entertained the idea that that ICT in education was going to be a breeze, it disappeared very quickly. Policies, LEA's, procurement, administration, AUPs, internet monitoring, ICT suites, RM CC4 - the actual ICT equipment is the least of my worries. And that is before I think about the teaching of ICT in the curriculum!

This forum looks like a huge font of knowledge about ICT within education and no doubt I shall be posting quite a few questions. Sadly, by the time I might consider myself nearly competent in these matters, my 4 years will be up.

Anyway, enough of my meandering twaddle. I'll let everyone get on with bumping up the share price of McVities
    I bet when they gave you the initial lowdown on what being a governor entailed they told you that there would only be one meeting a term with the odd sub committee in between. I ended up doing 12 years. I wish there had been something like this when I was a governor.
    Welcome aboard.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
    I bet when they gave you the initial lowdown on what being a governor entailed they told you that there would only be one meeting a term with the odd sub committee in between. I ended up doing 12 years. I wish there had been something like this when I was a governor.
    Welcome aboard.
    Thanks for the welcome. Oh yes, it all started so easily and then I got sucked in like water down a plug hole. It has been a massive learning curve but on the whole, I am enjoying it. And Forums like this are a huge bonus when trying to find information. I've tried making contact with some other local ICT governors for information sharing but they either aren't that interested or they're too busy. I must have a nosey around this site to see if there is somewhere ICT governors get together. Have fun!

Thank Post
    I must have a nosey around this site to see if there is somewhere ICT governors get together. Have fun!
    You could always suggest this to the moderators.

Thank Post

Hi

I stumbled across this site whilst at a recent SIF conferece, got to say I wish I'd found it a lot sooner!

Bit about me:
    I work for CEM in the Yellis project and have had a lot of involvement with SIF (POC2 in Northern Ireland) my main work interests are data transfer and MIS

Jeff

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ44 View Post
    I stumbled across this site whilst at a recent SIF conferece, got to say I wish I'd found it a lot sooner!

Bit about me:
    I work for CEM in the Yellis project and have had a lot of involvement with SIF (POC2 in Northern Ireland) my main work interests are data transfer and MIS

Jeff
    Welcome aboard Jeff

Thank Post
    Hello all, I'm John and I'm half of the IT department at Penn Cambria.

And just because I see it on the side of my screen while posting and can't help but laugh...
    He just looks fun.

Thank Post
    Welcome to Jeff, John and Sasy (real name I'm not sure of!).

Hopefully you will find some useful information!

Matt

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Hi all,
    Hi Tyrfau
    Not so bad being an IT Link Governor - I'm one of those too, and possibly not the only one (as well as being a school techie in a different school). I am impressed by the things you quote - if I didn't do the job I do, I would not have found out about any of those from governor meetings or the school.
    Welcome - I'm sure we will be able to help you....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,449 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sasy View Post
    Hi all I'm a computing lecturer at my local college. Just here to chew the fat. So far I've found some really interesting stuff in the the search bar
    If you dont mind me asking but are you only here to promote timetableonline.com

Thank Post
    Hi,

My name's Karl, I'm a systems architect at Pearson Education. I've joined EduGeek to aid me in decision-making about various technical issues that we face in developing software applications for the UK schools market.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread