Welcome all and happy new year.
I'm Jenn from the us. Happy new years everyone!
Welcome to all
Hello hello. I'm Andy from Carlton le Willows in Nottingham.
My name is Phil and I and the UK Development Manager for a registered charity - IT Schools Africa. We send donated computers to schools in some of the poorest countries in the world. There is a constant demand, so we are always trying to source more equipment.
We are seeking donations of;
• Desktop computers (Pentium III and above).
• Laptops (provided they have power adapters).
• Monitors (CRT and TFT)
• Keyboards, mice and power leads.
• Floppy drives, optical drives and hard drives.
We can take any number of PCs without charge - we only ask for a donation to cover transport costs. The service we provide includes secure data disposal using dedicated, defence standard software.
IT Schools Africa places the highest priority on data security. We ensure that
all data left on donated machines is destroyed. Our procedure is as follows:
1. We remove all hard drives immediately on delivery to our warehouse.
2. We then place them on our wiping station, where we wipe them using ‘Killdisk’ wiping software.
3. We inspect the sectors on each drive to ensure only random data is left on the drive.
4. We store the drives in a securely locked cabinet until needed.
If you are disposing of any PCs, now or in the future, we would be very grateful if you would consider donating them to IT Schools Africa.
Hey i'm Paul from Glasgow and i work in a private school here doing the IT Support. As you will know, we are Jacks of all trades and masters on none
Hope i can share my info as well as get some from the site.
Tim James here - I spent many happy years as a school science technician, but now run a company called PAT Testing Expert - providing support and guidance to people doing PAT testing!
Please feel free to contact me for any advice about the subject!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)