Poll: What phone next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What phone next? in General; Just nearly at the point of being able to change my phone so the question is to what? Currently have ...
    Thank Post

What phone next?

Just nearly at the point of being able to change my phone so the question is to what? Currently have an HTC Desire which I have been very happy with for my first smartphone but not sure what next so a late night thouhht was ask on my favourite place on the net. If I dont set the pole options correct on here the choice as I see it is iphone 4, samsung galaxy or htc x one?

Thank Post
    i like my Samsung Galaxy S2. battery life is ok for a smart phone and you can change them unlike the iphone.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 729 Posts
    Just got an One X and it's a wonderful piece of kit. It has had nothing but glowing reviews. True the battery life isn't great and the screen is large. Infact I held my old wildfire today and it felt like a pebble!

Thank Post
    I changed from a HTC Desire myself to an iPhone 4S, dont regret it, iPhone is a very nice phone, better in some ways than the desire in that it doesnt stuggle or get limited by memory on how many apps you can run (at least ive not noticed any issues so far), battery life is decent enough, can be stretched a bit as well same as the desire if your active enough in turning things off when you dont need them - i.e. turn wireless off when your not around any points and 3G when your at home. 3G for me seems to be the big battery killer since I upgraded to 5.1 (leaving it on means the battery lasts about 24 hours before needing a charge, turning it on and off as needed means you can go a lot longer)

Apps - like android it isnt bad, theres a wealth of good free and paid for apps, there are alternatives to most apps you take for granted on the android, (Google Navigate was pretty much the only one I had to do a search for an alternative so far)

Comparatively for me, the iPhone is similar to android and both have areas where they can improve and areas which you prefer on the relevant os for doing the same tasks.

Siri is quite fun on the iphone as well, makes for a fun experience also

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    My next phone will be an iPhone of some description but that's because I'm somewhat heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, I have a lot of apps which I don't want to have to buy again for Android, Windows Phone or whatever. A large advantage of Apple is that there is a lot more in the way of third party add-ons too like docks, car stereos etc.

HOWEVER, I would suggest going to somewhere like Carphone Warehouse or an O2 shop or something and actually having a play. Whatever phone you get is going to be considerably different to what you've got now so try them all and see what you like the best.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Just nearly at the point of being able to change my phone so the question is to what? Currently have an HTC Desire which I have been very happy with for my first smartphone but not sure what next so a late night thouhht was ask on my favourite place on the net. If I dont set the pole options correct on here the choice as I see it is iphone 4, samsung galaxy or htc x one?
    The HTC One X is without a doubt the better phone out of the three. The 4.7" display is perfect; I find that 3.5" displays (such as the one on the iPhone) are just too small. Specification wise the HTC One X is far superior with a quad core processor and 1 GB of RAM.

Can't compare the two in my opinion, unless for some reason you have a bias towards Apple and iOS.

Might also be worth waiting a little bit to see what Samsungs new phone is like (Samsung Galaxy S3?).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Or you found look at the Lumia?

Thank Post
    I strongly dislike all these new fancy phones and really hate being exposed to it. All I need is a neat phone, preferably with slots for two sim-cards, as I am crossing borders frequently. Anyone got any suggestions? Feel free! Price-wise it should not exceed about 80€! Cheers!

Thank Post
    HTC all the way for me. I had to send my Sensation back for repair (2 DPs and dust under screen) no questions asked, back within 3 days. Used an old Wildfire to get by.

Thank Post
    HTC One X. Just upgraded from a desire myself to the One X. No more limitations on how many apps you can install, took a couple of days to get used to the bigger screen but now when I look and hold the old desire it feels too small now. Battery life is fine for me, the only minor annoyance for me currently is Bluetooth streaming audio to my car headset stutters, It's believed to be the stepping from the 4 normal cores to the low power 5th core, no doubt will get sorted soon.

If you are going to go for the One X get one from a store instead from online as there are a few reports of yellowish patches on the screen or screen flexes. Mine is fault free and haven't looked back.

Thank Post
    My brother recently changed to the HTC One X from the Desire and he loves it except that he cant get Sky Go now whereas he could on the Desire. But Sky will probably bring out an update anyway

Thank Post
    Just made the Jump myself From the Desire (great phone and served me well) to a HTC one x which arrives tomorrow , ill let you know how i get on.

Thank Post
    HTC One x !! 'the one you have been waiting for...' I forgave them for that line after using the phone which is a beast

Thank Post
    I had hands on a HTC One X the weekend before last and (to me) it feels too big.

Got an HTC Desire at the moment (Can early upgrade on the 10th June)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing that by Galaxy S, you mean the much-anticipated SIII?

I have the S and it's a really nice phone....My sister has the SII and that's a beauty, but the SIII is supposed to be released VERY soon, and could well be phone of the year.

Personally, I'm waiting for that to come out....and then wait a while until I can upgrade!!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast