Poll: What phone next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, What phone next? in General; Originally Posted by TechSupp Right, now has come the time to swap, whats best, go direct to the shop and ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Right, now has come the time to swap, whats best, go direct to the shop and haggle or would i stand a better chance of getting a better deal by phoning up? Website option does not give me a good price option to choose as standard (its t-mobile).
    You will find the best prices on the internet. I've used Mobile Phones - Best Mobile Phone Deals on Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3, Vodafone and Mobile Phones | Mobile Phone Deals on the Best New Phones | Dialaphone and would recommend you check them out.

Take a look at Mobile Deals & Cheapest Mobile Contracts - Hot UK Deals

Remember to use a cashback website such as Top CashBack Official Site - The UK's #1 CashBack Site where you can usually get 50+ cashback.

2. Thanks to Mehmet from:

jinnantonnixx (30th May 2012)

Thank Post
    I purchased the Galaxy Note which I am VERY pleased with. Yes it is big, but I love it.

Thank Post
    Cheapest way of purchasing a HTC One X (so far!)

Fee HTC One X 12 MONTH Vodafone contract 36 a month / 12 mths and possible 50 Quidco Phones4u HotUKDeals - Free HTC One X

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehmet View Post
    I purchased the Galaxy Note which I am VERY pleased with. Yes it is big, but I love it.
    I am with Mehmet on this...I love it...not a phone, not a tablet....its a phablet

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 727 Posts
    Just a word of warning re the One X. As awesome a phone it is, the quality is another matter! Am now waiting for my third replacement in as many weeks! First had screen corruption issues, Second overheated to the point you could heat a small 2 bed house with it and the one I'm waiting to be collected started developing the dreaded yellow spots on the LCD.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    Just a word of warning re the One X. As awesome a phone it is, the quality is another matter! Am now waiting for my third replacement in as many weeks! First had screen corruption issues, Second overheated to the point you could heat a small 2 bed house with it and the one I'm waiting to be collected started developing the dreaded yellow spots on the LCD.
    Colleague had a HTC One X (Vodafone supplied/branded), had a flickering screen issue. The replacement had a similar issue (noticeable more whilst charging). Returned it in the end.

I've got an unbranded white model, checked it all out in the shop before accepting. Had 1.26 firmware on initially, so knew it didn't have screen issue (that 1.27+ firmware has since tried to rectify).

Does seem to be a power supply issue, as many have stated that the phone is using more power than a USB power supply can supply.

Very happy with it. Don't even think it's too big,considering my other phone is a ZTE Blade that I still love! Started with Eclair now has Ice Cream Sandwich.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    Just a word of warning re the One X. As awesome a phone it is, the quality is another matter!
    GAAAAAH now you tell me, I ordered one from Amazon last Thursday! I knew I should never have opened this thread this morning.

Well, here's hoping mine isn't borked.
    Last edited by AngryTechnician; 14th May 2012 at 09:26 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    GAAAAAH now you tell me, I ordered one from Amazon last Thursday! I knew I should never have opened this thread this morning.

Well, here's hoping mine isn't borked.
    Better not read this then
    amazon, all One X are faulty - xda-developers

Thank Post
    I voted the iPhone 4 option, but if you can hold out until approximately October, the iPhone 5 will probably be released around that time, based on Apple's 12 monthly release schedule.
    Last edited by Zoom7000; 14th May 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Thank Post
    I am really enjoying my HTC one X - Great camera , great Phone and really nice design.

only issue is battery life and the fact you cannot change the battery yourself.

NDW

Thank Post
    slightly off topic...

I took the plunge last week, iv now got the galaxy note - it’s quite large but I am now incapable of using my tiny iPhone 4. I don’t feel like I’m missing anything for not been with apple, in fact it feels great!

I love my new phone and my contract is 20 cheaper. Win Win Situation seen as though O2 are offering 234 for a used iPhone - guaranteed

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 727 Posts
    Well received the 4th handset today and after 1 hour of use has developed a loose screen and creaking case! Think the One stands for the age of the people putting these thing together!

Thank Post
    Well received the 4th handset today and after 1 hour of use has developed a loose screen and creaking case! Think the One stands for the age of the people putting these thing together!
    Looks like your mobile provider/shop is sending replacements out from the same batch etc.

Is it branded?

Can you not return for refund and get an unlocked version from the likes of carphonewarehouse or phones4u?

Or even get different colour?

NB
    Just noticed that 1.29.x firmware is now available to download for (unlocked) UK models.
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 15th May 2012 at 06:25 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    Well, I received my One X from Amazon on Monday and can happily report that so far I've had none of the above mentioned/linked problems. Battery life doesn't seem too bad by my standards, even before I got the 1.29 firmware upgrade last night. It lasts considerably longer than Mrs AT's (3 month old) Samsung Galaxy S2, which seems to eat battery for no good reason.

Of course, I have now jinxed myself and by the weekend I expect my phone will have literally melted itself down.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234