Poll: What phone next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What phone next? in General; Originally Posted by nephilim No....the smaller one...lol I thought so. Your eye sight would have to be very bad to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,734 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    No....the smaller one...lol
    I thought so. Your eye sight would have to be very bad to need the larger Galaxy Note.

Thank Post
    I have noticed what a big effect my Exchange account has on my Sensation battery, I now have it set to every 10 minutes as most of the time I am at my desk.

Thank Post
    I've had the Note for a few weeks, it's great. It's pretty much a Galaxy S2 but with a massive screen and an almost pointless S-Pen, but the screen is ace and it's not too big in the slightest!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ben604 View Post
    I've had the Note for a few weeks, it's great. It's pretty much a Galaxy S2 but with a massive screen and an almost pointless S-Pen, but the screen is ace and it's not too big in the slightest!
    I've never had the chance to play with a Note, but the feeling I get is that it wouldn't be too comfortable in my pocket, and due to the size of the screen typing would be slower... what do you think?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ben604 View Post
    I find the S-Pen is handy for note taking, and draw something! lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehmet View Post
    I've never had the chance to play with a Note, but the feeling I get is that it wouldn't be too comfortable in my pocket, and due to the size of the screen typing would be slower... what do you think?
    To be honest, it's not massively bigger than my S2 (although it is bigger, obviously), so it fits in all of my trousers/shorts/lederhosen just fine. I didn't notice a difference.

Typing is fine too, I use the Swiftkey X keyboard, so I spend most of my time pressing return or choosing a word from the predictive choices, so I don't find myself stretching for keys.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    I'm considering the Galaxy Note myself, but have been tempted by the HTC One X now. I have a Dell Streak right now which has a 5.0" screen, so I can either go up to 5.4" with the Note or down to 4.7" with the HTC. I've never found the Streak to be too big, unless you have truly tiny pockets it will fit in pretty much anything.

How much extra carp does the HTC come with? Mrs AT has a Galaxy S II and it annoyed me how Samsung couldn't leave anything alone: just to connect to Exchange we had to agree to additional Samsumg T&Cs for an app that was pretty much identical to the stock Android app. The fact that they require a cable connection for firmware upgrades was jarring too.

For typing I use Thumb Keyboard, which in portrait sits the keyboard in half like a Microsoft Natural keyboard (and like the Windows 8 on-screen split keyboard), and fills the space in the middle with a numpad. Given that I use a Natural keyboard on both my home and work computers, it's perfect for me.

Thank Post
    I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which should be announced tomorrow and hopefully released asap

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbutler View Post
    I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which should be announced tomorrow and hopefully released asap
    Announcement is due on thursday..... Keeping fingers crossed that it's another iPhone beater!

(S2 - Phone of the Year 2011 S3 - Phone of the Year 2012?)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Announcement is due on thursday..... Keeping fingers crossed that it's another iPhone beater!

(S2 - Phone of the Year 2011 S3 - Phone of the Year 2012?)
    Oh yes the 3rd is Thursday. Doh!

The rumoured specs of the phone sound awesome so its a possibility but it wouldn't surprise me if Samsung butcher ICS. I'm hoping they decide to not touch the software and leave it as a vanilla ICS or as vanilla as possible.

Thank Post
    Does the new ICS have the facility to connect via proxy or are we still waiting for that feature to appear? As I've been relatively happy (ok had an issue with it overheating after a few months when I use GPS or heavey graphics for a short while, main board swapped out and been fine since) am tending toward the X One at the moment.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,734 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbutler View Post
    I'm hoping they decide to not touch the software and leave it as a vanilla ICS or as vanilla as possible.
    TouchWiz is what differentiates Samsung's smartphones from all of the other manufacturers smartphones and "enhances" your Android experience, so I doubt they are going to get rid of it. You only have to look at the recent ICS updates for the S2 and Note for proof...

Last edited by Arthur; 1st May 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Does the new ICS have the facility to connect via proxy or are we still waiting for that feature to appear? As I've been relatively happy (ok had an issue with it overheating after a few months when I use GPS or heavey graphics for a short while, main board swapped out and been fine since) am tending toward the X One at the moment.
    The custom ICS ROM on my SGS has seperate proxy settings for each wireless point I can connect to so unless this has been "hacked" into the ROM then the answer I assume is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    TouchWiz is what differentiates Samsung's smartphones from all of the other manufacturers smartphones and "enhances" your Android experience, so I doubt they are going to get rid of it. You only have to look at the recent ICS updates for the S2 and Note for proof...
    Good point. Guess I may have to root it and go with another ROM then.

Thank Post
    HTC for me, Apple devices are not my cup of char.

Thank Post
    Right, now has come the time to swap, whats best, go direct to the shop and haggle or would i stand a better chance of getting a better deal by phoning up? Website option does not give me a good price option to choose as standard (its t-mobile).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast