+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Rivanet in General; hey all has anyone heard of Rivanet? and what they are like?...
    Thank Post

Rivanet

hey all has anyone heard of Rivanet? and what they are like?

Thank Post
    Yes, we were pointed in there direction by serco for suppling a server for CMiS\ePortal. Never never never again. I don't wish to go into details in a public forum however.

3. Thanks to TronXP from:

LpNova_techi (25th April 2012)

Thank Post
    Thank you, of course would Not expect the details. Im just trying to build a picture before any business is potentially done.

Thank Post
    I know a few of them, certainly been around a while. Wouldn't say to use them much north of the Watford gap, but not got anything bad to say.

Thank Post
    We have used them for about 3 years now. Started to use them for Smoothwall support and setup as they were their only Gold Partner once upon a time and then started to use them for server and now desktop virtualisation. I have been more than happy with the level of support they have offered us over the time. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Many thanks

Stuart

Thank Post
    Hi there,
    Firstly, let me just say I do work for Serco Learning (as the previous post, we use them sometimes), but this is a personal post, not work related, and doesn't come from my employer or their associates (including RivaNet).

I've known RivaNet since 2005 when they were a smaller company, and always dealt with the same chap, Nick, who's the MD.
    I've always had a good working relationship with the company, I've always got time for their engineers, and it works both ways. I've never heard anything bad (personally) come back from it, but I have had some good reports.

If there's anything specific you'd like to know, ask me, you'll get an honest answer either way.

Mic

Thank Post
    Don't go there - I too have had a bad experience, but don't want to say too much on this public forum.
    Be very careful

Thank Post
    The problem with asking for opinions on a company in a public forum is that people who have had bad experiences can't or won't go into detail for obvious reasons, and people with good experiences are more than happy to expand on it at length so it is difficult to judge. Unless you get an overwhelming 'ARGHHHHHHHHH' response, a mixed bag is perfectly normal. No-one will ever have the same experience - I was trying to buy car insurance recently and we ended up having a great big debate in the office as every insurer I looked at SOMEONE had a bad experience and someone had a good experience. Ultimately I think it depends on what you want. If you are looking for a managed service, find people that use them for a managed service and ask them. If you simply want a single product or selection of products supplied then you have the upper hand as a buyer.

I always base my judgements of companies on how they deal with first contact. I will always be deliberately vague (even though I know exactly what I want) so I can judge how well they know their product range and whether they will offer me something closely approximating what I have in mind or whether they will bloat and inflate the quote with unnecessary rubbish. I am also terribly judgemental about whether people do what they say they will - if they promise to call me at a certain time and don't that makes me mad. 3 times Aviva promised to call me at 18:30 and failed. I still bought the insurance online as it was the best price but the operative lost my commission. They do get points for proactivity though...

Out of interest, what ARE you looking for?

Thank Post
    I totally agree with AMLightfoot but also with DCITuser1.

Some of the guys are terrific and have been a great help to my company in the past but I feel sorry for them. The problems lie further up the hierarchy and personally I would not work with them again. (IT Techs come and go but the owners will always be the same.) To be honest, I can't understand how they are still in business!

Of course different users have different good and bad experiences from particular suppliers and you need to make your own mind up - but you have been warned!

Thank Post
    We used them once a few years back for Smoothwall . No real complaints just not had any reason to go back there recently as we no longer use Smoothwall.
    Last edited by Pottsey; 26th April 2012 at 12:11 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information