View Poll Results: Is it wrong that James Bond will order a lager in the new film?

Voters
42. This poll is closed
  • Yes

    29 69.05%
  • No

    13 30.95%
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
General Chat Thread, James Bond Fans: Martini [Shaken Not Stirred] Out: Lager In in General; Originally Posted by mrbios Very bad news indeed, Lagar tastes like **** no matter what the brand. Now if he ...
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    631
    Thank Post
    52
    Thanked 106 Times in 76 Posts
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Very bad news indeed, Lagar tastes like **** no matter what the brand. Now if he was ordering a nice ale on the other hand, that'd be a different matter as he would finally be becoming a man.
    If by 'becoming a man' you mean 'growing a massive unkempt beard and requiring trousers with a size 60 waist', I agree.

    There are plenty of fine lagers out there. But if you only drink commercial cat's wee, you might think otherwise.

  2. #17
    mrbios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    2,480
    Thank Post
    351
    Thanked 261 Times in 213 Posts
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    If by 'becoming a man' you mean 'growing a massive unkempt beard and requiring trousers with a size 60 waist', I agree.

    There are plenty of fine lagers out there. But if you only drink commercial cat's wee, you might think otherwise.
    It was a tongue in cheek comment, no need to get all bent out of shape

  3. #18

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    295
    Very bad news indeed, Lagar tastes like **** no matter what the brand. Now if he was ordering a nice ale on the other hand, that'd be a different matter as he would finally be becoming a man.
    Sir, have you considered a rather good lager from Germany called "Warsteiner"? I think you'll find that that hits the spot in a rather pleasant way! Very hard to find in this country.... that's why I tend to stick to 1664 or "Dennis Waterman"*


    *"Dennis Waterman" is the corker of a line that I used in a pub a few weeks ago.....as in....

    "Could I have a pint of Dennis Waterman....ER....Old wife beater.....ER....Stella, please?"

  4. #19

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    10,396
    Thank Post
    601
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 994 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Sir, have you considered a rather good lager from Germany called "Warsteiner"? I think you'll find that that hits the spot in a rather pleasant way! Very hard to find in this country.... that's why I tend to stick to 1664 or "Dennis Waterman"*


    *"Dennis Waterman" is the corker of a line that I used in a pub a few weeks ago.....as in....

    "Could I have a pint of Dennis Waterman....ER....Old wife beater.....ER....Stella, please?"
    When I was based in Germany we used to call Warsteiner 'wobbly' I don't think any further explination is required. Mind you, saying that there is a beer in Bavaria called Lowenbrau (Lion beer). That got you drunk from the feet up. Several of us went for a meal in Garmich and after 3 beers and a pizza each we paid the bill, stood up to go and almost instantly almost fell over. We felt fine, just our feet/legs wouldn't work properly.

  5. Thanks to Dos_Box from:

    aerospacemango (24th April 2012)

  6. #20
    chazzy2501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    1,782
    Thank Post
    213
    Thanked 263 Times in 213 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I contest that assertion! A nice Corona with lime tastes delicious. Whereas ale tastes like old socks.
    hugh, sounds a little metro to me. I bet you don't pee in the shower and have more than 1 type of soap.

  7. #21

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,684
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    hugh, sounds a little metro to me. I bet you don't pee in the shower and have more than 1 type of soap.
    Soap? Pfft, I use cleansing body scrub from Lush! Every real man is happy to be themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    When I was based in Germany we used to call Warsteiner 'wobbly' I don't think any further explination is required. Mind you, saying that there is a beer in Bavaria called Lowenbrau (Lion beer). That got you drunk from the feet up. Several of us went for a meal in Garmich and after 3 beers and a pizza each we paid the bill, stood up to go and almost instantly almost fell over. We felt fine, just our feet/legs wouldn't work properly.


    Ooh, maybe you all inexplicably caught 'heavy legs' from nearby French people! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_legs
    Last edited by localzuk; 24th April 2012 at 12:25 PM.

  8. #22

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    When I was based in Germany we used to call Warsteiner 'wobbly' I don't think any further explination is required. Mind you, saying that there is a beer in Bavaria called Lowenbrau (Lion beer). That got you drunk from the feet up. Several of us went for a meal in Garmich and after 3 beers and a pizza each we paid the bill, stood up to go and almost instantly almost fell over. We felt fine, just our feet/legs wouldn't work properly.
    This is exactly what I used to call it! Had a mate out in Wildenrath (I think it was!) and I visited him and his missus on the base.... We went to local bar...and the rest is history! The old RAF days.....ahhhhhhh!!! Found my old Number 1 uniform at the weekend....

    I'll NEVER be that size again!!!

  9. #23

    sonofsanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts
    4,954
    Thank Post
    862
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Rep Power
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Mind you, saying that there is a beer in Bavaria called Lowenbrau (Lion beer). That got you drunk from the feet up.
    Oh lord, Lowenbrau is the beer that Benjamin Franklin was talking about when he said it was proof that God wants us to be happy. The only problem is that you get precisely the level of hangover you would expect from a beer you can't see through and that needs swirling in the bottle to mix the sediment up again.

    That and Feldschlosschen used to give me 36 hour hangovers when I was out in Basel. Glorious days.

  10. Thanks to sonofsanta from:

    Dos_Box (24th April 2012)

  11. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    631
    Thank Post
    52
    Thanked 106 Times in 76 Posts
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    It was a tongue in cheek comment, no need to get all bent out of shape
    I know. I was just returning the 'lager is cat's wee remark' with an 'if you drink stout and bitter that's how you'll end up' one.

    Banter. It's like words for people.

  12. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    631
    Thank Post
    52
    Thanked 106 Times in 76 Posts
    Rep Power
    63
    For those of you who have acquired a taste for continental beers, can I recommend this site?

    Beers of Europe Ltd - 1700 Belgian, German, British and World Beer.

    The site isn't pretty, but it does deliver excellent beverages quickly.

  13. #26

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,684
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    For those of you who have acquired a taste for continental beers, can I recommend this site?

    Beers of Europe Ltd - 1700 Belgian, German, British and World Beer.

    The site isn't pretty, but it does deliver excellent beverages quickly.
    Doesn't have Okell's or Bushy's on there, from the Isle of Man...

  14. Thanks to localzuk from:

    Gibbo (25th April 2012)

  15. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    21
    Thank Post
    68
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    we could have a new line, "lager, bottle, not draft"

  16. Thanks to mattlynch from:

    DaveP (24th April 2012)

  17. #28

    DaveP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Posts
    8,903
    Thank Post
    351
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 882 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    1129
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    For those of you who have acquired a taste for continental beers, can I recommend this site?

    Beers of Europe Ltd - 1700 Belgian, German, British and World Beer.

    The site isn't pretty, but it does deliver excellent beverages quickly.
    The thread seems to have drifted away from the original topic but if we are currently looking at websites that offer guidance on what is good to drink:

    Link 1: The Single Malt Whisky Flavour Map

    Link 2: Distilus.COM: An Interactive Catalogue Of Distilled Alcoholic Beverages

  18. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    631
    Thank Post
    52
    Thanked 106 Times in 76 Posts
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Doesn't have Okell's or Bushy's on there, from the Isle of Man...
    Let them know. Maybe they'll start stocking it.

  19. #30
    Gibbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    905
    Thank Post
    207
    Thanked 344 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Very bad news indeed, Lagar tastes like **** no matter what the brand.
    Not true. Moorhouse’s White Witch and Hawkshead Brewery's Lakeland Lager are crisp and refreshing and a nice change when working your way through the real ales.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Better than James Bond
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 3rd February 2010, 01:09 PM
  2. DHCP not farming out address, randomly
    By synaesthesia in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2nd May 2009, 02:04 PM
  3. James Bond ate my Ferret
    By tech_guy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25th February 2009, 08:46 AM
  4. DHCP not giving out second DNS to XP
    By ZeroHour in forum Windows Server 2008
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28th January 2009, 11:05 AM
  5. DHCP not handing out spare leases
    By stratisphere in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 26th January 2009, 04:42 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •