+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Pinterest in General; We have had a very effective, forceful and proactive member of SLT put in charge of e-safety and she wondered ...

Thank Post

Pinterest

We have had a very effective, forceful and proactive member of SLT put in charge of e-safety and she wondered if the school should have a presence on Pinterest. I've seen this site in a couple of articles but have only just visited the site today. I feel this member of SLT initially wants to make a pre emptive strike by registering our school, rather as we've done with Facebook and Twitter. This might be too early to ask, but has anyone out there tackled Pinterest and found a way to not only promote the school but to use it as another avenue of communication?

Thank Post
    So that'll be a "No" then.

Thank Post
    To be honest, I use Pinterest personally and cannot quite work out how it works, but suffice it to say that I believe the basic premise is that if I find something I like I can pin it, it then becomes public and the more other people see that pin and repin it the more popular the article becomes so the more people see it.

I can't quite work out how you'd effectively maintain or generate a school presence on there or indeed how much benefit it would be to do so. Half the time the page doesnt even load properly for me anyway.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information