+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Bahrain GP in General; It's not just what is going on out there, the various state murders and human rights abuses, its the fact ...

Thank Post
    It's not just what is going on out there, the various state murders and human rights abuses, its the fact our police have been supporting and training the regime.

Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    It's just common knowledge; these are the same people that have tried sanctions against China, Thaiwan and a few other countries regarding human rights.
    It's not sensationalist or incredible, it's just an opinion shared by a fair few!
    This statement is just laughable and factually incorrect in so many ways.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 20th April 2012 at 10:13 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps sanctions wasn't the right word, I'm not a political person (and do my best to avoid such topics). Either way, I'm talking as an F1 fan and not a fan of certain groups of people, politics, religions or regimes. It's always going to be a touchy subject re AI, for instance it's amazing how many people still support Greenpeace. Not much difference there.
    Don't take anything as "I agree with what they're doing" or "I like what happens in Bahrain". Most of us wouldn't care less about what happens in China where apparently far worse things often happen.

Re comparison to Daily Mail, no it's nothing harsh, I wasn't referring to anything they may have hidden or anything because frankly I don't care. They're just muppets to be ignored. I meant their ability to exaggurate things enough to make you want to punch them.
    I can't argue too much about it because I don't know enough about it, nor care enough. I'll admit that much
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 20th April 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Thank Post
    Never mind, if you don't agree, then I'm sure you can enjoy the race otherwise
    This is how I feel, there will always be different views on this, like my view being whats the point in being moral when human rights is being completely ignored and abused by governments in some countries yet everyone cares about Bahrain.

You only have to think about the moment when JB and crew had to avoid kidnappers at Brazil - if safety cant be assured in a country thats been a part of F1 for a life time why argue about Bahrain.

4. Thanks to mthomas08 from:

synaesthesia (20th April 2012)

Thank Post
    The most accurate decription I ever heard of F1 was 'A 200mph catwalk'.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The models on show are damned slight better looking than anything on a normal catwalk though! And they sound better, and turn off when you've finished them with.

Thank Post
    <snip> and turn off when you've finished them with.
    That's the only real benefit.

I mean 'difference'.

No, on second thoughts, I mean benefit.

8. Thanks to Earthling from:

synaesthesia (20th April 2012)

Thank Post
    The models on show are damned slight better looking than anything on a normal catwalk though! And they sound better, and turn off when you've finished them with.
    Turning them on is quite difficult though, you can't do it yourself, you have to get someone with a big long pole to do it from behind.

10. Thanks to teejay from:

Earthling (20th April 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Turning them on is quite difficult though, you can't do it yourself, you have to get someone with a big long pole to do it from behind.
    Good job we are all adults here or that could sound rude

Thank Post
    [QUOTE=PICNIC;816976]Good job we are all adults here or that could sound rude [/QUOTE

No idea what you mean....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    I always found the promise of a couple of barley wines and a fish supper was enough.

Ohhhh..........you mean the cars.

My mistake.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    And now it appears Anonymous are in on the act, ddosing the formula1.com site as well as other services for "human rights" reasons. These people are just as bad, and I thought as a whole they were a bit more intelligent. Unfortunately not, this attack is for revenge reasons more than anything based on something that happened over there.

Never mind, we won't mention anything that happens in South America or China then.

Thank Post
    Never mind, we won't mention anything that happens in South America or China then.
    Why do you seem to think that just because regime A get's away with Human rights abuses, that we can't mention the abuses in regime B?

Or that because someone doesn't explicitly condemn all the ills in the world, they are forbidden from mentioning any specific ill?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    sorry pcstru, I'm not going to argue it with you because it's clear you're not interested in listening or believing someone else can have an opinion. In my slight defense, it's nothing like what you've just suggested, rather a query as to why it's OK for someone to take action like this against Bahrain when far worse happens elsewhere.

Thank Post
    sorry pcstru, I'm not going to argue it with you because it's clear you're not interested in listening or believing someone else can have an opinion.
    Why on earth would I not 'believe' that anyone can have an opinion? Do you perhaps mean that I won't listen to rational argument and even if confronted with demonstrable, replicable, hard and fast facts I wouldn't change my mind? If so, then you need to provide some evidence of that, not just post an opinion baldly stated as somehow being the 'truth'.

In my slight defense, it's nothing like what you've just suggested, rather a query as to why it's OK for someone to take action like this against Bahrain when far worse happens elsewhere.
    I asked you two perfectly reasonable questions :

Why do you seem to think that just because regime A get's away with Human rights abuses, that we can't mention the abuses in regime B?

Or that because someone doesn't explicitly condemn all the ills in the world, they are forbidden from mentioning any specific ill?

Your 'defence' begs them, it doesn't begin to address them.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Becasue unless we have a dedicated human rights abuses channel, there wouldn't be enough time in the day to list them all in the news.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast