+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, It's chucking it down here in General; Should have seen the storms when i was living in Brisbane now that is what I call thunder and lightning, ...
    Thank Post
    Should have seen the storms when i was living in Brisbane now that is what I call thunder and lightning, and the rain is relatively warm.

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    [QUOTE=mthomas08;818633]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

Even if they were full, still would take them 3 months to decide to lift it... You would think after a lifetime of hose pipe bans being on/off in a country that actually does see quite a bit of rain they would build more. If countries that see hardly any rain and actually have REAL droughts can still use water... and survive you would think the great british isle would. Then again we are country where suppliers only care about profits.
    I agree with all the above, and the other reply that someone made about fixing leaks, but that doesn't alter the fact that we have a real problem in some parts of the country right now and it doesn't alter the fact that a few weeks of showers ain't going to fix that problem.

Thank Post
    [QUOTE=Roberto;818708]
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post

I agree with all the above, and the other reply that someone made about fixing leaks, but that doesn't alter the fact that we have a real problem in some parts of the country right now and it doesn't alter the fact that a few weeks of showers ain't going to fix that problem.
    granted its too late for this situation for fixing leeks to help but it should still be done

isnt the main probblem really that there are just too many people in the south east for the water table to cope

Thank Post
    Was, infact still is, dreadful here in the farmer lands (Gloucestershire) - driving on the Motorway is so much fun in this weather, I felt cool being part of the "LET'S BE HARDCORE AND GO IN A CONVOY at 50mph" - I have a Micra, and even driving at 35mph my car was being physically swerved about from the wind. Gotta love the Jap cars.

I feel like giving up on drivers though, I -still- kept getting challenged by the big-headed idiots in their BMW's trying to overtake at the very bitter end of a dual carriageway or use the motorway as a launch-pad to speed across all three-lanes and slot in front of me, about an inch from the junction exit. People have no common sense! "Yeah that's fine, I'll slam on my brakes and st-- oh wait I've slid and crashed into the back of you"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    On the way to work this morning, on the motorway in the driving rain with loads of surface spray, I came to the conclusion that silver is an absolutely stupid colour for a car. They're practically invisible in conditions like this, especially when the idiotic driver of said car doesn't turn their bloody lights on!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norphy View Post
    On the way to work this morning, on the motorway in the driving rain with loads of surface spray, I came to the conclusion that silver is an absolutely stupid colour for a car. They're practically invisible in conditions like this, especially when the idiotic driver of said car doesn't turn their bloody lights on!
    lights are for xmas trees

had the same on monday on the a1 some fool in a honda fake 4xvan tooling down the outside lane no lights etc in spray

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norphy View Post
    About 80% of the cars that drove past me this morning on the M5 were like that, or had them dipped (might as well have left the bloody things off.) Makes you wonder how their mind works, really.
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 25th April 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Thank Post
    Chucking it down here too, in Hertfordshire.

Have to say, I am so glad I don't have to drive all over Herts, Essex, Cambs and all stations North to Lincoln anymore, especially in weather like this.

Living so close to school has its disadvantages, but it has its advantages too.

Thank Post
    Living so close to school has its disadvantages, but it has its advantages too
    Not having half your salary eaten up by travel costs is bit of a blessing.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,618 Posts
    While this wet spell won't solve our drought, it will help. The rain butts are full to overflowing and nothing needs watering. I never water my lawn and it's actually looking green

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Well, I was contracting when I was doing that so fuel costs, proportion of car expenses were all tax-deductible. I was thinking more of the stress of driving long-distances in torrential rain......and snow.......and fog, most of all, fog.

Thank Post
    Sunshine and around 9 degrees outside so can't complain.. although all weather forcasts on iphone are trying to tell me its raining at the moment......

Thank Post
    I need more water butts...my little 100l one is full, and the thought of not being able to harvest this is quite irritating!

Lights-wise, yes. I had mine on full. So many people didn't. Came to the conclusion my £40 tyres with alloys deal rubber is OK, but in the wet can be a bit chancy. I hit the mini-roundabout on the deserted industrial estate on the way to take daughter to nursery, at my customary rate (WHY must Astra's handle so damn well..), and whee..back end went, fronts were scrabbling. I got a "Steady on, dad" from the copilot.

Not like I can complain though, for what they cost..heh..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Same. Im trying to put in for a house swap with housing people. But we just moved and wont move us till after a year. Dont like being in a Forest of dean, Want to move to gloucester or to cirencester (where i i work)

Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123