+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, DSLR Photography in General; I've been playing around with my DSLR for a few years now, and i'm starting to actually use different modes ...
    Thank Post

DSLR Photography

I've been playing around with my DSLR for a few years now, and i'm starting to actually use different modes rather than the automatic mode to take my photos now. Here's a link to my flickr account where i've uploaded my favourite photos. I would really appreciate any comments / pointers for how I could improve my shots.

My Photostream

Thanks

Thank Post
    loving the photos you have some great shots there for your landscape photos have you tried creating HDR photos?

Thank Post
    Nice photos, the best advice I can give is.....

PLAY and keep on playing

experiment with loads of different settings, styles and equipment and see what you get, not only is it great fun you can end up with some unique snaps too. Also critique your own work, identify mistakes you made and see what you could do to make things better next time.

4. Thanks to Robz from:

dezt (12th April 2012)

Thank Post
    Same advice keep playing.

Notice you have images from the South Lakes wildlife park, I do too, was up there not too long ago and was in the Lakes the other weekend.

You can see my images here: Flickr: matthewleggott's Photostream

Thank Post
    i saw your post about your car ever thought about putting your self on redbubble.com or something similar?

you upload ur pics and you can sell them as cards, photo prints, canvas prints etc. The company takes care of printing finishing and delivery. you set a price you want for the pictures and then the company adds the production costs to it.

If you can yourself up there with some good photos and let people know your selling through facebook etc etc you could start earning a littlr extra cash.

Just need a paypal account which they pay the mkbey into

Thank Post
    Get a tripod - it may help sharpen some of the shots (example and especially macro shots.

A polariser will help cut through haze and increase saturation of colors. Would help with the previous landscape and sunsets.

Talking about sunsets, composition. Look up the rule of thirds and try and make use of it. Try and make more interesting compositions by moving the subject away from the centre of the frame. There are too many of these.

Technically, you also seem to be overexposing quite a few shots. Play with bracketing exposures - it may help you understand where you need to adjust the settings being suggested by the metering mode of the camera.

Try some still life out in the sunlight (a bowl of fruit or something) - tripod, cable release (or timer) and bracketing - with the aim being to get a pin sharp well exposed, well composed shot. You might not get a fantastic photo out of the exercise but you might learn some useful stuff. When you have sharpness and exposure, use the same exercise to explore white balance (and understand if your camera has some limitations with automatically selecting an appropriate setting).

8. Thanks to pcstru from:

dezt (12th April 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread