+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, What Do You Drive? in General; Depending on the weather, circumstance and wether i fancy a challenge(!) im on one of these 3: Normally: If i ...

Thank Post

Re: What Do You Drive?

Depending on the weather, circumstance and wether i fancy a challenge(!) im on one of these 3:

Normally:

If i fancy a challenge (it weighs a ton):

And if im ill or its too wet (like now):

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

lol no found it on the net

russ

Thank Post

P reg Astra mk3 1.6 Automatic. Cost a grand, I reckon I'll get a good 5-6 years out of it. I'm an advocate of bangernomics.

I want to reach at LEAST 150k miles before I replace it..I ran my Renualt on to 300k.

No point in an expensive car..not in a school. 400+ miles to a tank is a bonus though. Plus, it goes well..especially if I use the "S" button..*cough*.

Thank Post

Just look at my avatar, It's a Citroen C4 VTR+, and it's gorgeous. All the toys; automatic lights, rain sensitive windscreen, dual digital air con, auto dimming rear mirrors... you get the idea.

I do the website for the company that suplied it, so if you want a good deal (not necerally a fleet car) John Wildings

I've yet to see the car dance though!

Thank Post

I have a dilema.

My car is automatic, drives superbly, will travel at least 80 MPH comfortably on the motorway all day long, and it has done 106,000 miles, is a P reg, and has just passed it's MOT again with flying colours.

I want to change it and have been looking at a two or three year old Porsche Boxster Tiptronic or Audi TT 3.2 DSG. The money has been in the bank now for the last six months.

The dilema is that I am loathed to part with my lovley sexy French number, Citreon Xantia, unil it has died??

What can you do, voluntary Euthinasia??

Thank Post

Mine is a year 2000 Rover 75 CDT (it has the BMW ECU remap at 148 BHP instead of 116 BHP) with cream leather interior and all the woody old man trimmings..... Very proud of my car (very sad member of the Rover 75/MG ZT owners club).

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by alexknight

The dilema is that I am loathed to part with my lovley sexy French number, Citreon Xantia, unil it has died??

What can you do, voluntary Euthinasia??
    I had the same thing moving from my Mk1 Mondeo to my Rover 75. I was really fond of the old car which had been very reliable. I had alot of fond memories of trips out with the GF in it etc.

Not sorry I bought the 75 though. Very refined ride for silly money. Just have to put up with old man Pipe smoking, dressing gown wearing, slipper treading, flat capping comments

Pete

Thank Post

Thank Post

Clapped out H-reg Clio 1.4 at the moment, although just had a bit of a shunt in it so it's probably going to be written off.

I really miss my previous car though - a 1.6 Diesel P-reg Astra that shifted like poo off a shovel. Couldn't afford the fuel costs at the time though so had to sell it.

Thank Post

Stick with the Xantia till it dies. It's cheaper, it owes you nothing..drive it like a disposable item..

I've had the Vaux for..5 months? I regret getting rid of my old Maestro. I was also an OC member. I only sold it for the vaux because the missus might learn to drive soon, and I wanted a safer car for that.

That said, the Vaux is immaculate..bloody silly design in some respects, but as you say-it'll sit at 80 all day. I've seen the 1.4s hit 115 on a "private road" test, so the 1.6 would be good for at least that..

Cheap disposable car, cheap bits. Rather have my money in the bank/BS..never know when it might be useful.

Thank Post

robc-migweb.co.uk-look in the "cars for sale" bit..you never know.

Thank Post

I think I will end end up keeping the Xantia. It is nice having that smug feeling knowing the money is in the bank, can park it any where and it can't lose any more value than it already has! '8)'

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by alexknight
    I think I will end end up keeping the Xantia.
    You will have a long wait if you hold on 'til it dies! (Unless, like me you do something dim) Mine last one had done 200k when the rad went in the pissing rain, dumped all the water and twisted the head before I spotted it.

So I went out and bought another one! The 2l HDi this time, comfortable economic and I can get VAST amounts of stuff in the back!

Thank Post

I had a saab 900 16v Turbo SE, superb machine (K Reg), last of the great Saabs. Full spec, leather metal sunroof aircon etc. What a car... incredibly quick, built like a tank (ask the sheep I hit at 60mph), and it had done 250,000 miles before I sold it. Thats the equivelent of driving to the moon!

Thank Post

I was torn when I bought this Astra...mine is a 5dr with 88k on the clock, and there was an estate with 86k on it, £50 less. Most IT bods round here seem to drive an estate..and if styled accordingly, they can look quite purposeful.

I reasoned an estate was probably not the best of the pair though-more likely to be tired. I was thinking of customising the astra a bit, but...I actually like it stock.

The Maestro had all electrics added, a power roof, Rover heated seats, PAS, uprated brakes and the digi dash with voice synth. Strangely, I'm not missing them much yet!

I'm tempted to get the "I read your e-mail" bumper sticker from thinkgeek though..or maybe "No, I will not fix your PC"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast