+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, "Big Brother" strikes again in General; No, the one in the book and the film, not the "telly"! The CCTV cameras have earned their keep again. ...
    Thank Post

"Big Brother" strikes again

No, the one in the book and the film, not the "telly"!

The CCTV cameras have earned their keep again. Not damage (thats why this isn't posted there), but a case of an offensive and libellous printout.

Thanks to the cameras, we could identify which PC the prime suspect was using at the time. Going into it using his ID found two incriminating files on his network drive and in the IE temporary files. Event viewer showed the print request and the cameras saw the now culprit taking the identifiable document from the printer!

Thank Post

Re: "Big Brother" strikes again

Do you not have printers set to keep printed jobs until you manually clear the queue?

We do just for this, if somethings printed we can reprint it and hey presto.

Thank Post

Good god no way! manual print queues?!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,742 Posts

Print manager keeps a log of awhat is printed and by whom... very useful in such circumstances.

Thank Post

Is anyone pre 16 able to be tried for libel?

If you like what "Big Brother" is achieving, you should have a look at what Capita are currently "looking into" in terms of what can link up with SIMS!

It won't be long before the cleaners know which pupil left skids in the pan!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Skoggmeiger
    Is anyone pre 16 able to be tried for libel?
    Don't see why not - the age of criminal responsibility is 10 (or is it 13?) and you can be tried for other things pre-16, so why not libel?

But legal action or not, they can certainly be bo*****ed for what they wrote!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 781 Posts

Why is everyone so afraid of "Big Brother" if you are doing nothing deemed by law to be "wrong" then you have nothing to be frightened of. It seems to me that only those people that have something to hide are the one's that are complaining.

I say compulsory screening for everyone regarding DNA, Fingerprints and Retina ID.

I think that the way crime has escalated and the way in which it has diversified has left the ordinary police force way behind they need some sort of boost in the technological department.

I welcome the day when government starts getting really tough with all forms of crime and dealing with it more appropriately instead of this pussy footing around with the so called "Human Rights" legislation they brought in.

If you commit any form of wrong doing then you should automatically give up any human rights whatsoever and be dealt with according to the crime.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by bossman
    Why is everyone so afraid of "Big Brother" if you are doing nothing deemed by law to be "wrong" then you have nothing to be frightened of. It seems to me that only those people that have something to hide are the one's that are complaining.
    Tell that to the Brazillian that got a full magazine shot into his skill, Mr Menezes was his name I believe. He had nothing to hide or fear. What about the Guildford 4, or was it 6?

Either way, don't try to tell me that if we all had our DNA stored, that innocent people would not be found guilty or that guilty people would not be found innocent.

If you ask me, it makes framing someone a hell of a lot easier.

I suppose you also think that once everyone's DNA is stored it will be secure too. I'd bet my right-arm, that Health Insurance firms would get their claws on it.

Slightly gone off topic there

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Blog Entries

I say compulsory screening for everyone regarding DNA, Fingerprints and Retina ID.

I think that the way crime has escalated and the way in which it has diversified has left the ordinary police force way behind they need some sort of boost in the technological department.

I welcome the day when government starts getting really tough with all forms of crime and dealing with it more appropriately instead of this pussy footing around with the so called "Human Rights" legislation they brought in.

If you commit any form of wrong doing then you should automatically give up any human rights whatsoever and be dealt with according to the crime.
    Wow! You have absolutely no sense of morals at all do you? Did you know, it is illegal to hold a protest near parliament without permission? So you think people who protest should lose their rights?

How about those people who are criminalised for addiction to drugs? Locking them up won't do anything, neither will taking their rights away.

To put it bluntly, that is simply the most appalling attitude towards crime I have ever heard! Do you read the Daily Mail by any chance? You seem to have bought into the nonsense spouted by that sort of paper regarding crime without actually looking into it for yourself. Crime has not escalated dramatically, it has just changed slightly.

I have been followed by the police simply because of my views regarding animal rights, I've had my house raided early one morning because my description was similar (in only one way, that I had long hair - the fact that I was half the perpetrator's weight, had glasses, was actually seen by the arresting officer elsewhere on the same day etc... didn't come into it), I've been stopped and searched simply for holding a placard, had leaflets confiscated because the images on them 'might offend someone' (which, isn't illegal), I've been pushed into oncoming traffic by a policeman during a march when I tried to get out of the way, I've been harrassed for filming the behavior of such police actions etc... The idea that 'if you have not broken a law means you have nothing to fear' is preposterous to the extreme!

Thank Post

Jesus Christ man are you mad !!!!

This is the biggest load of ***t that I have heard spew for a long time..

Yea the old If you ain't got nothing to hide you have nothing to fear rubbish...

Look at the 70 year old man that was ejected from the Labour confrenece for using his freedom of speech

He was ejected, held, questioned and refused entry under the new laws you seem to support...

Stop being so weak man and understand that your privacy has been erroded and your freedoms that you had 15 years ago are gone..

I can't beleive that there are such right wingers around....

Why don't we just RFID tag ourselves at birth

metalmonkey

@localzuk
    I've had my house raided early one morning
    I've often wondered what happens if the police raid the wrong house, or get it completely wrong. Did you get compensation, or at least your door repaired?

Edit: ploice > police

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Ironically, this is already being done:

The Doctors Hospital of Dallas was the first hospital to implement the "Hugs and Kisses" RFID system from X-mark, which uses active RFID tags to tag babies and mothers. A 'Hugs' tag is attached to the baby's foot, ensuring it is not too loose to activate the motion alarm or for it to be kicked off, nor too tight to impair ankle movement. The baby loses over 10% of its weight within the first week of being born, so staff need to ensure the tag is tightened over this period. Mothers wear a 'Kisses' wrist band. Mothers who pick up the wrong baby hear an audible alarm, and when they pick up the correct baby hear a confirmation.

RFID reader installations mean that any attempted abduction is detected as the baby is moved, with the system linked to CCTV and security. The tags are disabled after a time lock when the fire alarm has been activated.
    http://rfid.idtechex.com/documents/e...documentid=172

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    Ironically, this is already being done:

The Doctors Hospital of Dallas was the first hospital to implement the "Hugs and Kisses" RFID system from X-mark, which uses active RFID tags to tag babies and mothers. A 'Hugs' tag is attached to the baby's foot, ensuring it is not too loose to activate the motion alarm or for it to be kicked off, nor too tight to impair ankle movement. The baby loses over 10% of its weight within the first week of being born, so staff need to ensure the tag is tightened over this period. Mothers wear a 'Kisses' wrist band. Mothers who pick up the wrong baby hear an audible alarm, and when they pick up the correct baby hear a confirmation.

RFID reader installations mean that any attempted abduction is detected as the baby is moved, with the system linked to CCTV and security. The tags are disabled after a time lock when the fire alarm has been activated.
    http://rfid.idtechex.com/documents/e...documentid=172
    See this is the problem...

They use cool names like Hugs and Kisses for this tech...

Hi.. This is a "Gods Watches over Me" Tracking device that we are implanting in your body.. and it's just to keep you safe and your parents can find you if you get lost.. as it says "God is watching over you" and he cares

Not You will be monitored and surveillanced your entire life and all your movements will be recorded on a database and at any time the authorities will know where you are..

If you have nothing to hide you'll have nothing to fear..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

What's wrong with having those tags Grommit?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast