+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, "Big Brother" strikes again in General; Originally Posted by webman What's wrong with having those tags Grommit? Some people want male children. Here in Bradford you're ...
    Thank Post

Re: "Big Brother" strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    What's wrong with having those tags Grommit?
    Some people want male children. Here in Bradford you're not allowed to know the sex of the child before birth because there's an extremely high abotrion rate of girl babies.

With these tags you just swap the tags and hey presto, you can have the male offspring instead of your girl. I mean, why question it if it's got a tag?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by bossman
    Why is everyone so afraid of "Big Brother" if you are doing nothing deemed by law to be "wrong" then you have nothing to be frightened of. It seems to me that only those people that have something to hide are the one's that are complaining.

I say compulsory screening for everyone regarding DNA, Fingerprints and Retina ID.

I think that the way crime has escalated and the way in which it has diversified has left the ordinary police force way behind they need some sort of boost in the technological department.

I welcome the day when government starts getting really tough with all forms of crime and dealing with it more appropriately instead of this pussy footing around with the so called "Human Rights" legislation they brought in.

If you commit any form of wrong doing then you should automatically give up any human rights whatsoever and be dealt with according to the crime.
    I watched Star Wars Episode III last night. How similar.

Thank Post

Hey, I really hope bossman is speaking with his tongue firmly in his cheek! At first I thought he was a troll and I was prepared to dismiss his statement, but now I'm not so sure...

<rant>
    The closer I get to the higher levels of authority the more I fear that sort of attitude. It really is naive to think that those in positions of significant authority are totally flawless or have no personal interests and would not use any handy technology to enhance their influence and power. I have a minority hobby and I'm having my rights gradually eroded by laws passed by people who have no interest or very little knowledge of my interests. Would I then let them track me and listen in to all I say so that I can be further oppressed? Oh, but of course, I'm not being oppressed, just constrained 'for my own good'. I don't think so...

Woo, this is not education tech related is it? Sorry.
    </rant>

Ian R

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12